What's new
What's new

New Studer S20

drcoelho

Stainless
My new machine is just being finished in factory in Switzerland, photos from factory as follows:

iTech C.jpgitech S20 A.jpgitech S20 B.jpgiTech S20 D.jpgiTech S20 E.jpg

Updates to follow when the machine arrives at my shop.

Nice! But I thought you were running out of room?

I have OFFICIALLY run out of room, this is the last machine....I did some re-jiggering to get space for this machine. The machines that I sacrificed were tool&cutter grinder (not important, gonna just buy cutters as needed), and a honing machine (worked up another solution for this loss, will be posting my solution shortly). Otherwise I have all the machines I need for my purposes.

Also, Studer made some custom modifications in order to fit it into my shop...in particular, they made the electrical cabinet modular so it could be removed to allow the machine to fit through my doorways.

This is by far my most expensive machine...that's all I will say....

A while ago I made an inquiry on the same machine, (new),

If memory serves me right for a slightly old school hands on machine they told me (over the phone) something of the order of $200K, (or the better chunk of or even more ? ).

but - seemd they were trying to "Up sell " me on the FavoriteCNC that they said was priced similarly.

Their tactic was to claim the diameters of the parts I needed to grind were not possible on the S20 due to lack of power or torque or something ???

Hard to argue with a Studer sales engineer when they are such beautiful machines ...

The whole point was to NOT have a fully cnc grinding but more hands on prototyping machine ???

favoritCNC | UNITED GRINDING

https://cdn.grinding.com/fileadmin/...englisch/brochure-studer-favoritcnc-en-19.pdf

Love love love how everything is really well thought out on almost every element of these machines. Nothing left to chance.

Have you seen the new Studor CNC grinder that Titans of CNC bought?

Every video they do on the machine screams “1.7 million dollars cost.”

That’s a bit much, even for a world-class grinding machine.

Toyoda and Kellenberger make similar CNC cylindrical grinders, and I just can’t see Studor getting 1.7 mil out of a “standard” CNC grinder with no automation.

The company I worked for purchased a similar-sized Studor brand new back in 1991, and it was $350,000.

If the 1.7 million number is true, inflation sure has hit the CNC grinder market hard...

ToolCat

Have you seen the new Studor CNC grinder that Titans of CNC bought?

Every video they do on the machine screams “1.7 million dollars cost.”

That’s a bit much, even for a world-class grinding machine.

Toyoda and Kellenberger make similar CNC cylindrical grinders, and I just can’t see Studor getting 1.7 mil out of a “standard” CNC grinder with no automation.

The company I worked for purchased a similar-sized Studor brand new back in 1991, and it was $350,000.

If the 1.7 million number is true, inflation sure has hit the CNC grinder market hard...

ToolCat

Titan's machine (S41) I thought normally comes in around $2.2M so I was kinda surprised at the $1.7 M lol.

Maybe they got a "Deal" .

A while ago I made an inquiry on the same machine, (new),

If memory serves me right for a slightly old school hands on machine they told me (over the phone) something of the order of $200K, (or the better chunk of or even more ? ).

but - seemd they were trying to "Up sell " me on the FavoriteCNC that they said was priced similarly.

Their tactic was to claim the diameters of the parts I needed to grind were not possible on the S20 due to lack of power or torque or something ???

Hard to argue with a Studer sales engineer when they are such beautiful machines ...

The whole point was to NOT have a fully cnc grinding but more hands on prototyping machine ???

favoritCNC | UNITED GRINDING

https://cdn.grinding.com/fileadmin/...englisch/brochure-studer-favoritcnc-en-19.pdf

Love love love how everything is really well thought out on almost every element of these machines. Nothing left to chance.

Cost is quite a bit higher than $200K. Plus my machine is fully loaded with all their options including ID grinding.

The S20 targets a niche use which is small parts, limited volume, more like prototyping, which is exactly what I'm doing. The S20 has sold quite a bit, more in Europe and Asia than US.

Back