What's new
What's new

Nonserious Seasonal digression, is there any gold in Fort Knox?

ManicMetalBasher

Hot Rolled
Best wishes for Christmas and 2019 to all at PM.

I read that Germany requested the return of several tonnes of gold a decade ago and have not received enough to fill a tooth.

I read that very few audits of the bullion deposited in Fort Knox have taken place since WW2.
I read that all of these audits have been criticised.
I read that it is almost impossible for a member of the public to inspect these audits, I was unable to find a copy.

Please help me to become better informed, is there any gold in Fort Knox?

Best wishes for Christmas and 2019 to all at PM.

I read that Germany requested the return of several tonnes of gold a decade ago and have not received enough to fill a tooth.

I read that very few audits of the bullion deposited in Fort Knox have taken place since WW2.
I read that all of these audits have been criticised.
I read that it is almost impossible for a member of the public to inspect these audits, I was unable to find a copy.

Please help me to become better informed, is there any gold in Fort Knox?

"Bullion" can be just fine Auric Chloride shot like grains of sand in a paper envelope the one time I ordered some on a lark.

There are a LOT of cast bars way down deep in Manhattan, NYC's bedrock awaiting a Rooshin Missile to render them radioactive dust.

Used to be that was the largest gold repository anywhere, and very little of it belonged to any US entity. We were but those warehousing it.

Ft. Knox, OTOH, was supposedly "ours", so it should be no surprise if it was nought but hard vacuum. You'd have to ken printed circuit boards.

15 Most Impenetrable Bank Vaults - Silver Vaults, Gold Vaults | CMI Gold & Silver

I thought Reagan or one of the presidents in the 80’s demanded a count or proof? They had let one reporter or congressman go in I can’t remember? Trump loves gold surprised he hasn’t asked. What about the bank in one of the twin towers that was supposedly filled with foreign money and gold. That not a drop was ever recovered?My bet is there ain’t nothing.

Theres kinda 2 ways of looking at it, one its so secure because they let no one in then there's the other view, if its really still full and so secure, how can they not allow it to be seen without concern do to this immense security?

Ergo in my mind at least it has to be empty or they would allow its contents to be photographed like every other major gold holding.

It’s also been said that they hold valuable american artifacts like the constitution, the Declaration of Independence and so on. The fact that” there’s cars in the parking lot” it’s a federal facility in or on the Fort Knox base. They got tanks there too for that matter. You might get in but my bet is you would never get out!

Yeah, I thought that the federal reserve in New York was the one that hold the SERIOUS Gold. Die Hard taught me that About That One Time The FBI Questioned Die Hard With a Vengeance’s Screenwriter – We Minored in Film

In the part when they are in the vault you can even see them ripping the gate off of a few countries deposits, including "The Republic of South Africa". We always used to be the world biggest gold producer but mining strikes and investor issues have dropped us down the list... hell I even think Australia, no offence, produces more than us at the moment. I know a few years ago our reserve sat at about 6000-6500 tonnes. My question is where the hell do most countries keep the bulk of their deposits? In the States?

Why would it matter?

Those pieces of paper, that should of been gold, are a token of honor.

Now, if the population, believes that there are not people, who devalue currency for their own means, then truly we have not learned the lesson, history has shown us.

There are several books on various financial subjects. My favorite is called “the creature from Jekyll Island”. The link from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Creature-Jekyll-Island-Federal-Reserve/dp/091298645X

If there is gold there it would be owned privately , not by US citizens. As I understand it the Frederal Reserve is a privately held company. This shouldn’t be too surprising as many companies use words like federal, state, community, etc. to make them sound altruistic.

Theres kinda 2 ways of looking at it, one its so secure because they let no one in then there's the other view, if its really still full and so secure, how can they not allow it to be seen without concern do to this immense security?

Ergo in my mind at least it has to be empty or they would allow its contents to be photographed like every other major gold holding.

Schrodinger's gold?

The reason they're so coy about letting anyone in to see it these days is that they lost one of the keys in an office reorganization and don't want the world to know that they can't get in themselves. :leaving:

I have it on good authority, (heard in a shit house at an Arkansas deer lease), that Bill Clinton had all the gold in Ft.Knox converted to Tactical grade billet aluminum during his second term. Deal was brokered by Whitewater. People on the ground floor made a fortune. A mexican with a metal sombrero was head of security. The British had something to do with it.
have fun
i_r_

Back