What's new
What's new

Norman Atkinson

I have thought that for a while but keep forgetting to ask.John Stevenson used to bump into him now and again but I think if John had heard anything we would have heard.
I`ve got Normans email address so will drop him a line,now.

Doesn’t Norm have a holiday house in Spain? Or kids in Canada. Hopefully he’s just there sunning himself. We would have heard otherwise, if it was bad news.

Phil.

Just got a reply from Norman.He had just driven past my work on his way back from holiday in Scotland.
He said he`s keeping very well for an 81 year old twerp and seems in quite good spirits.
He has just got a bit fed up with all the forums and with his other interests just doesn`t have the time for everything but sends his regards to all his friends.

Just got a reply from Norman.He had just driven past my work on his way back from holiday in Scotland.
He said he`s keeping very well for an 81 year old twerp and seems in quite good spirits.
He has just got a bit fed up with all the forums and with his other interests just doesn`t have the time for everything but sends his regards to all his friends.
Thank you Mark, I've been missing our poet-obscurious too. Reluctant to bother him on what I hoped was simply hiatus from just one of his many interests and activities. Saved his prized private correspondentia for just such a dearth.

To your health Norman,

Robby of the Argylls, some generations and locale removed.

2-3 weeks ago I was wondering about him not posting for a while, didn't think it had been that long.

I kept in touch with Norm after he quit PM. At the time he quit we both received a hard time as just about everything we wrote about the USA was perceived as negative criticism. Luckily most realized that criticism can also be positive. Would you rather have friends that told you what they believe to be the truth or what they think you want to hear? I was even advised/warned by a couple of "members" not to write anything that could be understood as critical of the USA as it was an American forum. Unlike Norm I persevered but maybe I'm just more masochistic? :D I think maybe I've grown on some like an in-grown toenail LOL

Anyway Norm had just had enough and found other things to do with his time. Like several I really enjoyed his posts and is very knowledgible and open minded. He does have a summer house on Menorca (a small Spanish island in the Mediteranean), drives to concerts in southern Germany and Austria and relaxes in Scotland. I wish we were all that lucky :) He's the kind of guy I'd love to meet in person and oh the stories he could probably tell ;)

Last time I heard from him was about a month ago so it's my "turn".

Gordon

For those that are interested.I`ve edited out the personal bits.
As you can see Norman is still doing ok.

Hi Mark,
Happy New Year and -I hope a Guid Night for Wee Robbie!

Basically, I'm quite well for 82. I'm at the other end of the ticker problem- I have Low blood pressure and cannot keep warm.

Got arthritis in both hands which is a bugger. I'm not used to such problems and I'm trying to get around having my smaller lathe converted to CNC.
Of course, I'm a thicky and it is a problem of sorts.

Well, we've just booked our main hols. A fortnight in May, a month in July and a fortnight in October at our villa in Menorca.
Again, a week or two here and there whilst she plays saxophone. Sounds like bragging- but you asked. Perfectly normal -for us.

Weather is bugger. We simply don't know how our cottage is in Aviemore. What is more of an issue is that our neighbour has pancreatic cancer in Dalnabay.

So you have a bit of a story- give the lads my kindest regards

Look after yourself. This is NOT the Dress Rehearsa

I suspect he is spending most of his time on directing his movies. I thought 'In the Heat of the Night' was really good, and so was 'The Thomas Crown Affair'. My guess is he is probably working on his next blockbuster.

He was just a kid during WW2 but was part of the Berlin airlift (RAF) in the 50ties.

I know that he missed the action in the RAF at the time, but he likes to tell the stories of what his company (?) did during those times.

I've got some of his stuff here...

I'm surprised that he even has a lathe!
I have never seen not one post from him (that I recall) that had anything to doo with machining.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back