What's new
What's new

Not like any bandsasw I have ever seen

Thanks Limy. I was thinking it was some sort of circular saw with the blade hidden in the cabinet when not cutting.
Bil lD

Fair bet this one HAS been "not cutting" ... for more than just a day or three...

"Hidden" in already 20 yer old cheap Chinese drillpress vise-shaped-objects, more likely!

"THE MOST IMPORTANT" ...."PARTS MISSING" .. "FOR A LONG TIME. ALREADY"!

That explains it. all the "saw" part is gone. it is just the base cabinet and vise. I think I see a broken casting that held the saw works to the cabinet. Not sure why the motor is still there I thought it would come off with the wheels and arm.
Bil lD.

True, but take a heads up ;- don't expect a lot of metal in almost anything Startrite

I've had a Startrite H175 saw going on 20 years. It gets used on a daily basis, and the only expense so far has been a few blades. I use it to cut everything from 1/2" square aluminum to 6" rounds of tool steel. It's not the fastest saw in the world, but it's accurate and does the job.

Keep in mind most of the Startrite saws are intended for "Light to Medium" commercial work. That would include repair shops and small run production shops. They're not built for heavy or extended production.

Get it it's worth $100 as a table..

Thoght the same. For a few minutes.

Then realized the local structural steelyard - mile or so away - could deliver me a slab of thick A36 - cut to my specs - their truck, onboard hook to unload it for a reasonable fee.

That top is prolly ribbed CI and not anywhere near as stout. Not worth the hassle of a personal go-fetch, load and unload, even if yah were right down the road.

And surely not worth proper palletizing and freighting.

I've had a Startrite H175 saw going on 20 years. It gets used on a daily basis, and the only expense so far has been a few blades. I use it to cut everything from 1/2" square aluminum to 6" rounds of tool steel. It's not the fastest saw in the world, but it's accurate and does the job.

Keep in mind most of the Startrite saws are intended for "Light to Medium" commercial work. That would include repair shops and small run production shops. They're not built for heavy or extended production.

I agree, for what they are they're pretty good gear, ..one place I worked at had 2 Mebas (and they never bought rubbish) and those saws earned their keep ……..but if you don't know they're ''lightweight'' you could be disappointed.

I agree, for what they are they're pretty good gear, ..one place I worked at had 2 Mebas (and they never bought rubbish) and those saws earned their keep ……..but if you don't know they're ''lightweight'' you could be disappointed.

I bought mine from a shop in Chicago. The owner was transitioning from a repair/small run shop to some high production runs. He knew the saw wasn't up to the work he was intending to do, so rather than destroy it he offered it up for sale and was in the process of selecting a more appropriate one. I don't know what he eventually bought, but the Startrite was a good fit for me, and has performed well for another 20 years.

Here's the saw as it sits today. It doesn't look any different than it did 20 years ago:

DSC00021A.jpg

Back