What's new
What's new

Notice - "Reported Private Messages"

Ox

Diamond
As a moderator, I have gotten notice 2wice in the last 2 days of someone "reporting" a spam type private message.
The first one seemed on the up and up to me, and I kind'a figgered that the guy hit the "report" button by accident, and I walked it off....

But then I got another tonight from/to other people, and it was clearly not intended to be reported.

I have reported the issue to the software junkies yonder - in case maybe they didn't get the same notices. (Went to all mods)

So - I am puting this out there for y'all to see that I am not sure if these reported PM's are actually getting through to the intended recipient or not.

I don't know if there is a glitch, or if it just so happened that two different some-one's - hit the wrong button in such a short time.
I couldn't tell you when the last time that I got this notice, and anytime that I have in the past - it was clearly SPAM, so I was sure that they intended to report it.

So:

A) If you are working in PM, make sure what you are clicking. Maybe this is a simple mistake?
B) If you don't get a response from the recipient in the expected time - you may want to find another way to ping that person to make sure that they got your message. Maybe you should ask for a confirmation for the next week or so to verify.

I am trying to figger out if the recipient did in fact receive the reported PM or not, and I plan to update with my findings as soon as I have some answer.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I was just thinking I should of received a couple of PM’s on my power hacksaw sales. Last week I couldn’t log in at all, had to send email to get another password.

I got a complaint from a person: his PMs didn't go through to me about 10 days ago. At the same time, I asked another member to send me a test message, and I received it just fine.

PM’s are not working correct for me seems like it takes a couple of days for them to post. Same way when I tried to log in last week I couldn’t receive emails on resenting password, then in a couple of days they would show up and already timed out.

Not via PM PM, this was email; phishing user name and password input. I think it'll still scroll, the address is enlarged to lower left, encircled. You could enter it beforehand to block their intrusion. This was Monday 06 June 2022.ID_phishing.jpg

If you don't get a response from the recipient in the expected time - you may want to find another way to ping that person to make sure that they got your message. Maybe you should ask for a confirmation for the next week or so to verify.
If you are talking about the "report" button, I have never, ever gotten any kind of acknowledgement or response for any of the dozens of spams I've reported, before or after the forum SW changeover. I wasn't expecting one. Are you suggesting they all might have just gone into a bit bucket someplace?

This is a year and a half old thread, based on the old platform.
No need to go diggin' up bones about the old, when we clearly have enough issues trying to iron out the new.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back