What's new
What's new

nuttall lathe

aaronmay

Plastic
hi all ive just bought a belt drive nuttal lathe have very little experience would like any info i can get

My crystal ball is in the shop for recalibration. Exactly what type of information, be specific about what you want. Have you done a search about posts here for any information about Nuttall lathes? Not a whole lot here, but there's a bit. Page Title or do you want information about turning using any lathe? If you want information how about taking more than 30 seconds of effort to ad a few details so no one is having to guess about what the hell it is your asking about. Your question is so open ended it could be anything from moving it to cutting it up for scrap.

If you want to learn how to use it, do a google search for "How to run a lathe", its a South Bend publication but applicable to all lathes. After you've read it, if you still have questions, come back and ask specific questions. Have fun, and Happy New Year (we hope).

hi all ive just bought a belt drive nuttal lathe have very little experience would like any info i can get

Try

METALWORK GENERAL

Aussie forum - far more likely to get info on Nuttal lathes.

Same comments apply though - you MUST give proper information. Model number, swing, and PHOTOS.

Otherwise you'll get 'help' in line with the information you offer. That is, useless.

PDW

This link on the lathes.co.uk website takes you to an Aussie parts seller:

Nuttall Lathe Parts Supplier Australia | B & D Machining Newcastle, NSW

Nuttall lathes come up for sale here in NZ from time to time, here is a selection. The conehead lathe in the last photo sold for NZ$362 in March 2021.

Nuttall 03.jpg Nuttall 08.jpg Nuttall 11.jpg Nuttall cone head 03.jpg

I think this one might be in Aussie and has been given a full rebuild. Good to see the lead screw and ways have been protected.

Nuttall blue horror.jpg

Back