What's new
What's new

Devilbiss DevAir II or old 1992 DevAir?

davey_fl

Plastic
Hey guys!

So I currently have a DevAir II PAFCTV660V3. It's a 6hp 60Gal twin oil less and boy is it noisy. I've been offered an older barely used Devair PCI-560 5HP 60Gal twin, which seems to run so much quieter. Electrical motors have pretty much the same rating with the exception of amps in that the older compressor has a max of 16Amps whereas the newer compressor is max 14Amps. Both are 230V. I can't find any info whatsoever on the older PCI-560 in terms of max PSI/cfms etc. I can only keep one so I'm wondering if you have any advice? I've bled it - nothing major and comes out clear. I'm wondering if this old twin is a much better machine than the new noisy V Twin. I've attached some pics of the older PCI-560.

Thanks for any advice!

Davey

PCI3.jpgPCI2.jpgPCI1.jpg

Seein as you can buy a small lead camera for $12 on fleabay,any one can look in a compressor tank,and see rust.............IMHO,compressors send oil into the tank,it coats the tanks,and there is no rust............the only really rusty air tanks Ive see were in fact repurposed domestic water pressure system tanks.........now they do rust inside...........the new cheap thin Chinese tanks will sometimes pinhole in 12 months......hard HT steel,not the old boiler plate was used years ago.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Still really not sure what to do. john.k I have one of those cameras so I had a look today - no visible rust!

Hi, Davey. I just purchase a used compressor like your's. Thanks for the pictures because i have to buy an electric motor and it was very helpful to me. However, i also have to find a pulley for the electric motor and i would be grateful if you could gave me the size of that pulley. It would save me alot of headache. Thanks.

Back