What's new
What's new

O.T.CBD oil

5 axis Fidia guy

Stainless
Ok, I fear of getting flamed here I will ask anyway. Any chronic pain suffering guys in the house had any success with CBD oil? I am talking without THC. If so, what brand worked for you?

Ok, I fear of getting flamed here I will ask anyway. Any chronic pain suffering guys in the house had any success with CBD oil? I am talking without THC. If so, what brand worked for you?

I personally have no experience, but applaud you looking at different alternatives than your typical opioid routes.

Had a previous coworker that used it successfully quite a bit, but I'm unable to help with brand name.

Without THC, you will not have the psychoactive effects pot is known for.

It works for me. Without the THC you can still pass a pee test and its legal in all states.

No it's not either. There was just a big article in the newspaper about this here last month. It is illegal in Indiana whether it contains THC or not. This is something that legit chronic pain patients can't touch with a 10-foot pole here. If you get caught up in ANY illegal drug situation here you will NEVER get another pain medication prescription. If I lost my pain medication I would be eating a bullet before long, I can tell you that much.

I wouldn't consider myself a chronic pain sufferer, but have some experience and pointers.

There's a variety of different topicals and edibles that are CBD rich or have varying mixtures of CBD/THC, as well as some smokable varieties with a high CBD content (though afaik nothing you can smoke will have zero THC, not even industrial hemp, even if it isn't enough to get psychoactive effects from). As others have already hashed out above the CBD is what does a body good and THC is what gets you stoned.

My mom has suffered with the effects of rheumatoid arthritis for the better part of 20 years in her hands and forearms, and has been attempting to treat with pharmacy options from her GP and rheumatologist with very little success. Keep in mind prior to last year she claims she has never smoked or otherwise consumed any pot products, unlike her degenerate son (me). I live in Colorado which is a med/rec legal state, and while I do smoke and consume edibles periodically I don't generally volunteer it to family (it's expensive!), however I also use a CBD based lotion from Apothecanna (extra strength relieving creme) for when my back or hands hurt from work. She was in town with my dad and sister and was complaining about the pain in her hands, which likely had something to do with the travel time in the car and/or altitude change since they live in MN. Tried some of the extra strength creme and said it's worked better than anything else she's tried. She also got a roller-ball style oil dispenser which she said worked pretty well but I think she likes the lotion better.

My grandfather who is 80 and has some bad back/neck problems (2 fused vertebrae in upper C-spine) has gotten some CBD gummies courtesy of me and they make a huge difference in his mobility and associated attitude especially when he has been traveling in a car. He also uses the lotion for arthritis in his hands, likely brought on from a lifetime of working with them (wonder where I got it from)

Personally I like to smoke and sit in the hot tub, if my back is hurting from work I'll have the wife put some calming creme on it and then do so. Though it doesn't contain an appreciable amount (if any) of CBD I also use Malibu hemp lotion on my hands and feet when they are cracked and generally beat up and dry, seems to be better for dry skin than most and doesn't leave them feeling super oily and slippery like a lot of lotions do even a half hour after application (which I hate)

I get my stuff from Apothecanna thru a local dispensary. Their website here: all natural beauty + wellness | apothecanna

If you have any other questions I'll try my best to answer them

I would love to be able to try it. I get some relief from pain meds but still have a lot of days where I'm in serious pain. I have been to every doctor who has a good rep everywhere, had two surgeries - even went to the Cleveland Clinic to see one of the back docs who is supposedly one of the 50 best in the country. They can't see where the nerve is impinged when looking at the scans so they can't find it or fix it.

I have tried all sorts of alternatives to pain medication, from chiropractic to multiple rounds of physical therapy to acupuncture and cupping and on and on. I would very much like to try CBD oil, but as I mentioned, I would not risk losing my pain medication or it might be the end of me.

Funny article I just got sent regarding a local city's mayor and his dog re: CBD oil:

Hammond mayor McDermott, and his dog, confront Indiana attorney general over CBD oil | Government and Politics | nwitimes.com

I would very much like to try CBD oil, but as I mentioned, I would not risk losing my pain medication or it might be the end of me.

Sounds like somebody could use a nice little 2 week get away in the Colorado Rockies. You may find out that
you don't need the "pain meds".. Besides they are just basically heroin, and apparently you can that crap
just about anywhere and its cheap.

Quick story.. A friend of mine.. Menstrual cramps, really really really bad cramps, curl up in a ball and
cry and want to die type of cramps... Prescribed all kinds of heavy duty pain meds, vicadins and what not..
Dulled the pain a bit, but the mood swings and the anger etc.... Tried the green cure, and the pain is
still there, but its less than when on the hardcore drugs, and the side effects aren't there, except for a
giggle and a smile and a pressing desire to watch Beavis and Butthead. Greatly improved quality of life,
especially for the people around her.

No doubt, I would love to. Couple problems though, being broke as hell means I can't afford to. My old lady makes mostly jack shit, and I am still fighting to try to get disability. Since I can still stand for several hours on certain days (others I don't stand or sit up for more than 15 minutes at a time - I spend those days lying down all twisted up trying to take pressure off of the nerve that's killing me - and I never know if the next day will be good or not, so how can I keep a schedule?) the state says I could get a job folding towels or some such shit.

The other issue is that I'm the primary caregiver for my two kids, and can't afford to pay someone to watch them while the old lady works either. No relatives here that don't work or aren't too frail to watch kids safely.

And yeah I know what you mean about it being more pleasant for those around her. I'd just as soon get in a fist fight as say hello if someone pushes the wrong button on a day where I'm really hurting. Especially with those assholes that think it's okay to give me shitty looks or comments for having a disabled parking permit because oh look, I can walk! - which I basically only use when I'm really hurting and have to go get groceries for the kids. Because other than that I don't go very many places.

So yeah, sensitive issue for me. You might be able to tell.

Marijuana prohibition is nuts. I'm sorry you don't have easy access to something that is relatively harmless and could help. Even in some states with legal medical Cannabis it can be hard to get. My brother lives in Maryland and and chronic sicodosis (sp?) and a medical marijuana card but no weed. I'd offer to send you some as it's cheap here in Philly, but that could cause you or me a lot of trouble.

I was just on vacation in Telluride CO over labor day weekend, I should have given it a try while I was there. I don't want to become a weed head, I will save that for the dude with the greasy man bun and skinny jeans, but I am almost willing to try anything, with the exception of opioids.

I wouldn't consider myself a chronic pain sufferer, but have some experience and pointers.

There's a variety of different topicals and edibles that are CBD rich or have varying mixtures of CBD/THC, as well as some smokable varieties with a high CBD content (though afaik nothing you can smoke will have zero THC, not even industrial hemp, even if it isn't enough to get psychoactive effects from). As others have already hashed out above the CBD is what does a body good and THC is what gets you stoned.

My mom has suffered with the effects of rheumatoid arthritis for the better part of 20 years in her hands and forearms, and has been attempting to treat with pharmacy options from her GP and rheumatologist with very little success. Keep in mind prior to last year she claims she has never smoked or otherwise consumed any pot products, unlike her degenerate son (me). I live in Colorado which is a med/rec legal state, and while I do smoke and consume edibles periodically I don't generally volunteer it to family (it's expensive!), however I also use a CBD based lotion from Apothecanna (extra strength relieving creme) for when my back or hands hurt from work. She was in town with my dad and sister and was complaining about the pain in her hands, which likely had something to do with the travel time in the car and/or altitude change since they live in MN. Tried some of the extra strength creme and said it's worked better than anything else she's tried. She also got a roller-ball style oil dispenser which she said worked pretty well but I think she likes the lotion better.

My grandfather who is 80 and has some bad back/neck problems (2 fused vertebrae in upper C-spine) has gotten some CBD gummies courtesy of me and they make a huge difference in his mobility and associated attitude especially when he has been traveling in a car. He also uses the lotion for arthritis in his hands, likely brought on from a lifetime of working with them (wonder where I got it from)

Personally I like to smoke and sit in the hot tub, if my back is hurting from work I'll have the wife put some calming creme on it and then do so. Though it doesn't contain an appreciable amount (if any) of CBD I also use Malibu hemp lotion on my hands and feet when they are cracked and generally beat up and dry, seems to be better for dry skin than most and doesn't leave them feeling super oily and slippery like a lot of lotions do even a half hour after application (which I hate)

I get my stuff from Apothecanna thru a local dispensary. Their website here: all natural beauty + wellness | apothecanna

If you have any other questions I'll try my best to answer them

Saw this old thread and saw your post. Thank you. I'm not OP, but this is the kind of information I was looking for. Right now I have similar problem with my old man. BTW, he denies taking a regular CBD oil vape or other stuff like that, because he sees it as drugs. I'm thinking about buying him CBD gummies made in the Europe. It doesn't look like something compared with drugs. And I know where to find good ones - one of my relatives use these, and he told me where to find it.

Last edited:
Had a previous coworker that used it successfully quite a bit, but I'm unable to help with brand name.

Without THC, you will not have the psychoactive effects pot is known for.

If you go for the Indica variety then that is supposed to relax your body. There is no head high.

Back