Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default advance directiives

DNR paperwork varies by state:
    Free Advance Directive Forms by State from AARP

This has some complementary info but some of the state links are broken:
    DNR Guidelines for Medical ID Wearers

This is more a legal topic that I am reluctant to wade in to. You want to address it with your Dr. when you are first hospitalized.

When a patient needs intubation with this disease they need it immediately. It's not a hospice situation, the patient will die in minutes. I think at this point consciousness is altered by low oxygen and high CO2 in the blood.

This is from someone on the front lines describing what happens with these patients. It's disturbing so think about whether you really want to know before you read it.
    A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients — ProPublica

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Guy View Post
    This is from someone on the front lines describing what happens with these patients. It's disturbing so think about whether you really want to know before you read it.
    A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients — ProPublica
    Probably everyone should read this. It's what we were seeing on teevee and why there was no resistance to being quarantined.

How people could say this "'They thought the media was overhyping it,' the respiratory therapist told me" -- when a city of fifteen million had been closed off tighter than a drum, cordon sanitaire imposed, no transit no business no leaving the house, food brought to the door, wtf ? Did people worldwide think they were doing this for fun ?

Insane.

btw, a jar of reds used to run about $40. When California passed the right-to-die act, the price immediately went to $4,000.

I'd be better off buying morphine on the street.

I know doctors are okay but I do hope all the insurance and drug companies go broke, so we can start over. Those people are shit.

(40,000 doctors went to Wuhan ... but in China there was only one city really stricken. What can you do when there's New York, LA, Dallas, Chicago, Seattle, Miami, SF, New Orleans all going ballistic at the same time ? Ouch.)

Ventilator Shortage - Greed, For the Lack of a Better Word, is Good