What's new
What's new

O/T-Don't feed the trolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Keeley

Titanium
Lots of wacko posts on here lately, people are obviously bored and are having a little fun at our expense. Either that or the virus attacks brain cells first.

In any case:

8015210_orig.gif

The offending thread has been completely removed.
The OT covid 19 posts have mostly been locked.

Please try to keep up sir.....:D

First post asking how to bend 1.5" AR500?

Leveling a lathe with plum bobs, pendulums, sway bars and optical devices?

Am I just too skeptical?

Not only that, but I am convinced there are a good number of mental illnesses working themselves out online. So, yes. Its a bit of both. I actually read that entire thread about lathe levelling with plumb bobs etc and concluded its was a case of OCD.

Many people come here looking for knowledge and they are definitely not pros. I'm OK with that, but what really bugs me is when they can't seem to do even the most basic of research and thinking on their own.
PM is the *last* place I go to find answers, only when all else fails.

the problem is, not all of us think the same people are trolls...
one man's troll is another man's smart guy.

Amen, that is very true. I see stuff (for example) on Youtube all the time, that would get you fired from any shop I ever worked at. And then you scroll down to read the comments and they're all about how smart the guy is, he showed them how to pour cast iron while wearing shorts and sandals, with an ancient pile of loose junk and an old file to single point a truck axle..... we all start somewhere, but most people have no idea where to even begin looking. And very few people actually read and understand any more. No brain power expended.

It can be difficult to separate the trolls from the rank beginners who just want and need real answers. I probably give too much attention to some of those posts. But I would prefer to fall into a hundred traps than to ignore one beginner who needs help. I too was a beginner once. And so were we all. Also I am retired and probably have more time at my discretion and if I answer them, those who do not need not consider answering. Unless I get it dead wrong, that is.

Yea, yea, I know some of you guys were never a beginner. You were fathered by a milling machine, born in a machine shop, used a lathe bed for a cradle, and drank coolant instead of mother's milk. There, I have already pulled the pin on that grenade, so don't bother.

the problem is, not all of us think the same people are trolls...
one man's troll is another man's smart guy.

I don't mind the trolls as much as the guy that asks a question that gets addressed by a bunch of guys and the OP never shows up again.............Bob

I agree with EPA111 on this one. We all start somewhere, not all the questions or info I've gotten off the site have been machining related. I've compared this site to what my Dad used to call "The Table of Knowledge". It was the modest table he and his coworkers used have coffee, eat lunch and play cards at. Whatever you were fixing at home someone at the table had a little experience with it and could point you to a good starting point or even a fix. I'm glad to have a seat at this table, although it is very humbling. There are some extremely intelligent people on this site. Like I said before, all are welcome to the table just be polite and use your manners. Rudeness and and incivility are like elbows, KEEP THEM OFF THE TABLE!

First post asking how to bend 1.5" AR500?

Leveling a lathe with plum bobs, pendulums, sway bars and optical devices?

Am I just too skeptical?

Wow, what a complete moron... You blocked my post so I couldn't answer and then you call me a troll

I don't mind the trolls as much as the guy that asks a question that gets addressed by a bunch of guys and the OP never shows up again.............Bob

I created a thread about bending ar500 and now when I want to respond on it it doesn't allow me to... Just puts up a message saying the moderators will look at it, which they don't

Wow, what a complete moron... You blocked my post so I couldn't answer and then you call me a troll

I call Bullshit.

The thread you started is still open for business.

If you are unhappy with his post being the "last word"?

Just motor your browser over to it.. and add sumthin' NEW!

Serious-experienced press hands all seemed to agree.

The task you described is a Royal Bitch Kitty at best.

Asking don't make you a "troll". Just less aware than some others.

Sulk if yah choose to. But don't blame others for questioning your motive. Nor even yer sanity.

It weren't no "casual" tasking, and THEY knew that, whether you had also already twigged to that....or will never.

Unrelated to this thread in any case.

Man up. Admit of the difference.

"Excuses" don't bend metal nor pay the bills, either one. For ANY of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back