Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have one of the ones that Scruffy887 mentions in post #20. It is the 310 router version.

One of the neat features is a bearing support that is located outboard of the collect - very rigid.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got it today, much smoother and quieter than any Dremel I've owned, highly recommended.

3. Likes sfriedberg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Got it today, much smoother and quieter than any Dremel I've owned, highly recommended.
    If you outgrow the Proxxon and have money to burn, take a look at the NSK Emax Evolution. Stefan Gotteswinter calls it "stupid expensive" in a recent IG post but seems to like it for deburring.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henry View Post
    If you outgrow the Proxxon and have money to burn, take a look at the NSK Emax Evolution. Stefan Gotteswinter calls it "stupid expensive" in a recent IG post but seems to like it for deburring.
    Nice, he was right on the price!

A&A Jewelry Supply - NSK Emax EVOlution Micro Motor w/Standard Handpiece

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They are nice, and will spoil you, ergonomic, smooooth, quiet and extremely low runout (nice for really small burrs), quick-release (twist) for 3/32 collets I was given one, I'd have had to have a really critical need to spend that much on them... Lots of dental labs use NSK micromotors, they take a lot of use/abuse and lots of abrasive materials in that environment, and I've been told they're very reliable in that environment.

The dental "contra-angle" handpieces (used for non-lab clinical use ( cavities, implant drills etc)) now are electric also (no air-powered as in the past); they have swappable geared heads with different torques/speeds/angles and other options.

Can't stand those air-turbine drives (at least the couple I tried from air-turbine-tools), have to run a 5hp compressor to get a fraction of a hp, and they wake the dead on top of that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry,

To paraphrase George Burns talking about a $5 dollar cigar, before I pay that much, I'm gonna want to sleep with it first.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I want to thank y’all for the Proxxon recommendation-I burn through a modern dermal tool about once a year. Among other thing we use them to remove paint under ground lugs. A ball or cone stone is easy to use at any angle to remove paint without gouging the surface. Plus the reinforced cut off wheels are great for cutting off machine screws in situ so they don’t cut someone’s hands. 4-1/2 “ angle grinders or band files are awesome, but they are unwieldy inside a box or cabinet.

We bought 100 to put in our warehouse one year. It seems the newest ones develop electrical faults, or bearings fail. They actually come with more tools they the motor has the life for.

9. Likes Terry Keeley liked this post