What's new
What's new

O.T. Hypocrisy at it's finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmach10

Hot Rolled
This will probably get locked but I need to vent. I live in Chicago and was born in a part that has been renamed "The Wild 100's" because of all the shootings there now. We moved moved out before it got too bad but in my younger days saw what happens when a neighborhood goes to shit. So the local news is reporting this morning that 57 people were shot this weekend. Yesterday a 3 year old was killed when some shot into the car he was riding, a 17 year old and a 16 year were shot while sitting on a front porch. They're going to survive. However, the 13 year old girl who was in the house and got hit in the neck died. Amazing thing is the police and paramedics are on the scene doing their thing trying to figure out what happened so the POS who shoots and kills a toddler can be brought to justice. There won't be any marches or protests, no outcry of how this can happen or how it can be prevented. Instead it just becomes another weekend in Chicago. Go to the website heyjackass.com and you can see the shit going down here. BTW, the news did a HUGE piece on Gay Pride not being to have their parade and how they're are overcoming the obstacles to still celebrate. Okay I'm on a role now. Remember the tornadoes that hit Nashville earlier this spring. Local news station did a 2 minute spot on a local dog shelter driving through the night to bring rescue dogs to Chicago. Never mentioned that the reason the dogs were given up because the owners had no homes, schools, stores or churches. Never mentioned what the victims might need but, hey look at us WE SAVED DOGS! Am I the only one who sees this crap?

When guns are so prevalent, that's what happens. They're everywhere.

Don't be a dumbass. Chi town has about the strictest gun control in the country. What you do have is cops afraid to do their job because some jackass will prosecute them for something and then they will lose their job. I am not talking about what that cop in Minneapolis did. He should go to jail. The POS he killed was no saint, 7 or 9 times convicted, last time for a home invasion robbery where he had a gun in the belly of a pregnant woman, if he was in jail where he belonged the cop would not have been able to kill him. Why do they have all those gun laws, no one is ever prosecuted for violating one of those gun laws. Why do blm nutjobs flip out when on the rare occasion a white cop gets out of control and kills a black, but it is is just fine for blacks to kill and rob other blacks. Think it's crazy now? Wait till they defund and eliminate the cops.

Good god I am tired of people who blame the guns. Guns are a tool. They are meant to be used by responsible adults. They are not meant to be used in drive by shootings. Anyone who would use one in such a way is NOT a responsible adult, and should not have a gun. It would be great if laws would fix this, but: You can make all the gun laws you want and it will be pointless. CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY LAWS!

And yeah the news is stupid, I rarely watch it anymore. Usually I just grab news from the Google feed by scanning through the headlines.

This will probably get locked but I need to vent. I live in Chicago and was born in a part that has been renamed "The Wild 100's" because of all the shootings there now. We moved moved out before it got too bad but in my younger days saw what happens when a neighborhood goes to shit. So the local news is reporting this morning that 57 people were shot this weekend. Yesterday a 3 year old was killed when some shot into the car he was riding, a 17 year old and a 16 year were shot while sitting on a front porch. They're going to survive. However, the 13 year old girl who was in the house and got hit in the neck died. Amazing thing is the police and paramedics are on the scene doing their thing trying to figure out what happened so the POS who shoots and kills a toddler can be brought to justice. There won't be any marches or protests, no outcry of how this can happen or how it can be prevented. Instead it just becomes another weekend in Chicago. Go to the website heyjackass.com and you can see the shit going down here. BTW, the news did a HUGE piece on Gay Pride not being to have their parade and how they're are overcoming the obstacles to still celebrate. Okay I'm on a role now. Remember the tornadoes that hit Nashville earlier this spring. Local news station did a 2 minute spot on a local dog shelter driving through the night to bring rescue dogs to Chicago. Never mentioned that the reason the dogs were given up because the owners had no homes, schools, stores or churches. Never mentioned what the victims might need but, hey look at us WE SAVED DOGS! Am I the only one who sees this crap?

Local news casts generally go like this....5 minutes of teasing some report, the weather and a sport event that either has or will happen. 3 minutes of headline reading of national events. 2 minutes of local blurbs....nothing in depth...just blurbs.5 minutes of weather ...except if it snows.....then we get to watch some chuckle head drive around in the snow and tell us its slippery and traffic sucks...or if its storming in the summer he will tell us its wet and windy(good thing we have him to tell us this)5 minutes of sports.....if it is the weekend we also get to see some local numb nuts go to a festival of some sort, or a fund raiser, farmers market, or my favorite.....a winery or beer tent where they sell $10 glasses of beer or wine and tells us its good....no shit.
The rest is commercials......I hate those ppl

I feel your pain man....I fled my home town of St.Paul....its no where near as bad as Chicago has become.....but i had the feeling many were striving to catch up and no one seems to actually want to stop it.

For a long time I’ve been convinced that this is the last century for modern civilization. Over the last couple of years I’m doubting modern civilization will make it another 80 years. Very glad I never had any kids.

The crazy thing is this systemic racism in all these towns the lefties are freeking out about. Never mind the 20 worst towns in the country for murder and supposed racism have been democrat controlled for about a hundred years. You would have thought if it mattered that much they would have had time to fix it.

This is caused by poor or non-existent education and the loss of family values. It is a fallacy to believe that any police force can protect an individual in distress simply because a police force is reactive. The incident must always occur first before any police action will happen. Add that simple fact to the already underfunded and unappreciated police forces and the situation is only going to get worse. If you don't own a gun, you had better get one. There will not be anyone to protect you and yours except you.

I find it ironic that the anti-gun crowd and the radical left has done more to support personal firearms and the second amendment than the NRA has ever done. At this moment, gun sales nation-wide have skyrocketed.

When guns are so prevalent, that's what happens. They're everywhere.
What a stupid statement about a stupid city that has banned weapons.

So that has worked out perfectly.

Maybe if the common law abiding folks there were allowed to protect themselves, all this shit would end.

Chicago is a arm pit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yep its just you, The difference is that COPS ARE EXPECTED TO BEHAVE BETTER AND TO UPHOLD THE LAW (not break it flat out) BECAUSE THEY ARE THE GOVERNMENT.

Not some random asshats an the ghetto shooting each other up. And FYI I'm typng this just a few blocks away from a place like that.

Ever notice how these problems don't happen out in the corn? It's a city problem, and its an upbringing problem.

As far as TV goes, I tossed mine out 10 yrs ago. Best thing I ever did.

Sad thing is I used to be proud to say i was from Chicago. Some say we need more laws. Remember the big crack down on driving while on a phone? Another great law. Our mayor wanted to purge Cook County Jail of inmates to control the Covid out break within the jail, to the following week send people to jail for not Social Distancing to the following week letting looters tear the city up. Then gets on TV and says with much surprise, "These looters were organized, they had trucks". You're the mayor of one of the largest cities in the U.S. and you just figured that out. Then Kim Koxx, our beloved States Attorney gets on TV and proclaims she's ANGRY. Remember her? Look up Jesse Smolette for the back drop on that for a laugh.

Cops often catch bad guys and the court lets them go. In the little town of San Andreas where we are leaving in California we voted for a bond to make a new jail a few years back, the only time I have ever voted for a bond. The bond was matched with state and federal funds and a huge new jail showed up. Our county couldn't fund the staff to fill it so if you get sent to jail and you show up when you are supposed to, they stamp your papers "time served" and off you go. Recently they let a guy go that used to live across the street from us, pretty wife and daughters was put in jail a year or so for having sex many times and ways with the daughters, they let him and others go so they wouldn't get Covid19 ?????? He lived across the street.

Bail denied in Ames case | Calaveras County's Most Trusted News Source | calaverasenterprise.com

Alleged child molester released after attorney argues ‘unusual circumstances’ under COVID-19 | Calaveras County's Most Trusted News Source | calaverasenterprise.com

I would be willing to bet in the area I live in the guns per household is probably as high as any gang infested neighborhood or higher. I have seen people walking down the side of the roads holding rifles, I feel perfectly safe here. It isn't the guns, it is the people who have them. We don't shoot at each other to control drug territory or revenge a shooting of one of our own. People here hunt, target shoot and collect guns. I first fired a real gun when I was 7 and have owned them since I was 18. The only living thing I ever shot was a rattlesnake, that set up shop close to my front door. I got in my share of scraps with people when I was younger, I never thought of using a weapon, ever.

This is caused by poor or non-existent education and the loss of family values. It is a fallacy to believe that any police force can protect an individual in distress simply because a police force is reactive. The incident must always occur first before any police action will happen. Add that simple fact to the already underfunded and unappreciated police forces and the situation is only going to get worse. If you don't own a gun, you had better get one. There will not be anyone to protect you and yours except you.

I find it ironic that the anti-gun crowd and the radical left has done more to support personal firearms and the second amendment than the NRA has ever done. At this moment, gun sales nation-wide have skyrocketed.

Are you actually in Germany? Are you allowed to own and store firearms there in your home?

Here in the Peoples Republic of Kanuckistan they just made AR's and many other "scary" looking rifles verboten.

We used to live at 47th Street and Kimbark in South Chicago when I was a little kid in Chicago in the late 1950's. I got stabbed in the leg one day and my Dad decided that it was getting too rough to stay. He always liked California and so we left for California never to return.

That was a good thing, too. Within two years, a huge gang, the Black P. Stone Rangers, later renamed the El Rukin after one of its founders, Jeff Fort, joined Islam while in prison, was formed, righ tin the same neighborhood that we had just left. After that, South Chicago, which was always a tough town, turned into what it is now, a killing zone for various gangs. By the way, Fort is currently serving 87 years for various federal crimes.

It's ironic that a place like Chicago, which was once a beautiful place to live when I was small, now has more guns than Afghanistan along with its stringent gun laws.

So yeah, like you say, hypocrisy at it's finest and best.

Almighty Black P. Stone Nation - Wikipedia

The BATF tracks firearms manufacture and imports for the USA. I try to be fair and no matter how much I disliked Obama will give credit where it is due. Between manufacture and imports, Obama is directly responsible for the number of firearms in private hands to increase by about 80 million (I personally added up the numbers). One year the firearms manufacturers assoc named him Man of the Year. Last President to get the award - Clinton.

Since you will never hear his name mentioned by the BLM or white liberals I’d like to call for a moment of silence for Tyshawn Lee.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back