What's new
What's new

Recommendations for facemasks that are safety glass compatible?

adammil1

Titanium
New rules at work are masks must be worn at all times.

They have handed out the surgical style ones but the damn things suck to wear with safety glasses. They fog up with every exhale as they seem to duct everything right up. Anyone have a good recommendation for masks that are comfortable, work with safety glasses and may even provide some level of protection against this virus?

Put a piece of tape across the bridge of the nose. Paper tape works best

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Problem, of course, is the fit around the nose. An N95 mask with a nose bridge and an exhale valve would be the typical choice if you can find them. Used to be dirt cheap.

It's not the best, but I'd be comfortable with 3 or 4 of the N95 masks, used in rotation and put in the sun to bake for a couple days before wearing them again. Assuming no major incident in between. Pitch the mask, wash hands, if you encounter someone with symptoms. Also wash hands every time the mask goes on or off -- which is why you want one comfortable enough it doesn't have to come off for more than a cup of coffee, lunch, etc.

Spend a little more time adjusting the metal "nose form" insert to conform to the upper section of your nose/cheeks area, this will allow the mask to seal properly (right now it doesn't), and if done correctly will cut down on fogging and be more comfortable and effective.

If the brand you have right now isn't able to do this, try to find some other brand (good luck), or even go to one of the "3M style" silicone half-face industrial masks. While bigger and bulkier, the right size will conform to your face far better than any paper mask, and be much more effective as a filter barrier.

And if you wear a beard or maintain stubble, you'd be best served to go clean shaven (every day), even short stubble allows a leak path around the mask.

Pinch the nose clip down then put on the mask. I see many people who do not pinch the metal at all or do it after installation. It really has to be done inside of the bridge of nose and allowed to be forced out so it keeps slight pressure on the bridge seal.
Bill D.

Paper/cardboard should have no viable virus overnight. So rotate masks every day. Freezer has no effect on viability and can actually improve survival time to years. I have no information about lice, fleas, mold or skin diseases on masks.
Bil lD

New rules at work are masks must be worn at all times.

They have handed out the surgical style ones but the damn things suck to wear with safety glasses. They fog up with every exhale as they seem to duct everything right up. Anyone have a good recommendation for masks that are comfortable, work with safety glasses and may even provide some level of protection against this virus?
Exhale thru your ears.....:D

Fold a piece of facial tissue so it ends up about 1" wide.

Fold it one more time so it can straddle the top of the mask with half inside and half outside (prevents slipping).

The multiple layers of tissue will act as a gasket. How well it works depends on geometry of face and nose.

Discard and replace each time you remove your mask.

Best option would be DIY exhaust valves that could be installed in masks but so far I've seen nothing of the sort.

Best option would be DIY exhaust valves that could be installed in masks but so far I've seen nothing of the sort.

All those "one time use , disposable" n95 masks with exhalation valves are
going to waste.

suggest grabbing some, cutting out the valve and hot glue them to your fabric one.

Back