Thread: O.T -tire wear

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just replaced the tires on my Challenger. I went with the same make and model the car came with Good Year Eagle's and it set me back a grand. That's a lot of rubber dust. I let it go a lot longer than I should have and was getting nervous driving in the rain.

I am super happy with the results and can feel the difference in the way the car holds the road and feels at 70 MPH on the Highway. OP...I never gave much thought to your question but it's crazy to imagine all the rubber dust out on the side of the road all over the country.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As long as we are talking about tires has any of you looked up what it is required to keep a tire mileage warranty valid? I wonder if anyone has such a boring empty life they would wait around all day every 5,000 miles for a tire inspection. I am pretty sure if you show up at ACME Tire for your free tire warranty inspection every couple months you will get placed in line behind the paying work.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do car tyres still have wire in them........I heard that car tyres are now used to fire cement kilns,but truck tyres have wire ,cant be burnt,and need to be shredded.Hence the high disposal fee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't understand the whole disposal fee thing. If you've got old tires, just tie them to a tree of throw them in a river.

5. Likes Gobo, tdmidget liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 5 axis Fidia guy View Post
    I understand the curiosity, but there are bigger problems with our planet to worry about.
    Agreed. But it gets you thinking. Maybe a larger worry is global warming caused by all the gasbags in D.C.

7. Likes Winterfalke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gotta remind folk that a capable country like the United States can scratch its tummy and walk at the same time.

Tire dust is just idle curiosity for me but there are plenty of issues that are not.
    We can afford as a nation to manage resources, sweep the streets etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    I don't understand the whole disposal fee thing. If you've got old tires, just tie them to a tree of throw them in a river.
    I've discovered if you leave them by the road with a sign on them, they will usually disappear rather quickly no matter how bad they are. I've had old track tires with the steel belts showing through go missing.