What's new
What's new

inserted carbide tool replacement screw source

Joe Miranda

Titanium
Have you guys found a source for replacement screws for inserted carbide cutters? I know you can get them from the manufacturer - if you know who they are. But I have some tools with no known source that I would like to keep a supply of screws on hand for (possibly without buying a box of several hundred).

I bought from this guy: 100 Pieces THFC-023 Insert Screw: MS-1986 .. SR14-544S .. SE02-82 .. SM40-093-20 | eBay and was happy enough with what I paid and got. If you contact him I think he can help with finding the right size for your tooling.
i can second this post, i also bought from this e-bay seller and they were very high quality. They were actually better than the garbage screw that came with the tool (which had broach material jammed down into the torx socket).
mine came in a bag of 10, although the other 9 will probably still be here after i retire.

Just whatever you do don't get them from msc. I needed 1 right away. A holes charged me over 30.00 for 1 freeking screw by the time I paid their rip off shipping charges.

Haha..yeah - that's kinda what I'm trying to avoid! But I have been there and done that because when you absolutely have to have something you're willing to pay through the nose to get it.

Since we are making a list:
Very handy cross reference on holder parts, screw sizes, etc and a very long time supplier to me. The info here alone on holders, bars and parts is golden.
Not sure on min. order or low quantity pricing as I never buy less than 10 holders or 50 screws but they have been great people to me for over 40 years.
RMC Tooling Company, Tool Holders - Boring Bars - Chip Breakers - Shim Seats - TORX Screws

Very nice site - not what I needed this time but looks very helpful for future needs.

I bought from this guy: 100 Pieces THFC-023 Insert Screw: MS-1986 .. SR14-544S .. SE02-82 .. SM40-093-20 | eBay and was happy enough with what I paid and got. If you contact him I think he can help with finding the right size for your tooling.

Thanks - I will try contacting him. I must need a real odd-ball because out of all the links provided I can't find this one. It's for a Valenite on edge threading insert and it takes a #10-32 x .62 long flathead screw with a 3/32 allen head.

Back