What's new
What's new

O T, US Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took almost a month to get a package from Chicago to Baltimore using USPS. I checked the reviews of my local UPS station reviews and they got less than stellar reviews too. Yep must be his fault too.

Trumps post office head was forced to resign right before the election after he did what he could to slow down the service. It will take Biden's appointee a while to repair the damage to morale and restore machinery. the x offical will go back and enjoy more private shipping volumne at his old shipping company.
Bil lD

Trumps post office head was forced to resign right before the election after he did what he could to slow down the service. It will take Biden's appointee a while to repair the damage to morale and restore machinery. the x offical will go back and enjoy more private shipping volumne at his old shipping company.
Bil lD

USPS has been a loser for years. Ten years ago they were only going to run mail three days a week. Nothing to do with Trump, Biden or the holy ghost.

It's a service, it loses money because the congress has forced it to pay off pensions 3x faster than corporations have to.

THeir donors want more business.

A letter took 3 weeks to arrive. So did Christmas cards.

It's that guy DeJoy.... he intentionally slowed down the mail hoping to disqualify mail-in ballots.

The USPS is run by the union which supported Senile Joe who has bigger fish to fry then worrying about your Christmas cards showing up on time. Fact is I don't think it's even a good idea to use the term Christmas.

Maybe if they can put the mail sorting machines back into operation that Dejoy decommissioned, it will get better.

Not going to happen fast. The ones out of our big sorting facility went to the scrap yard, and decommissioned permanently before leaving usps yard. Those are not cheap off the shelf machines.

Some years ago I was in an Army Reserve unit. It was a unit designed to run a shipping port and we had our HQ in an office which we shared with a companion, subordinate unit which actually handled the cargo. This is the very same room, without even any partitions separating the desks. There was an official communication that had to be sent with an official receipt from one unit to the other so they had to use the USPS. Of course, they could have just stepped across the room and handed it to the other guy, but they had to have that signature on the receipt.

Well, believe it or not, it took over two weeks for the USPS to deliver it. There were full time advisors in the office every day, Monday to Friday, 8AM to 5PM so delivery was not a problem. Just the efficiency of the USPS or the lack thereof. TWO weeks PLUS and it still wasn't there.

I guess they have improved a bit since then, but just how much, I do not know. I have heard worse stories.

Of course, they could have just stepped across the room and handed it to the other guy, but they had to have that signature on the receipt.
So the army is as stupid as a drunk oppossum but it's the post office's fault ... for a countervailing example, I spent a few months in Washington state two years ago and used the post office extensively. Lots of boxes, they all arrived fine and the price was good. Mail same. Lines pretty short, personnel polite and helpful. The UPS Store down the block was 50% more expensive, took the exact same amount of time (I did a test once to a customer), and was nowhere near as helpful or friendly. Except there was an hispanic lady there who looked pretty hot, so once in a while ...

Some people just have to rag on anything the government does, no matter what. It's probably best to ignore them and run tests on your own sitchiation.

Not going to happen fast. The ones out of our big sorting facility went to the scrap yard, and decommissioned permanently before leaving usps yard. Those are not cheap off the shelf machines.
I still can't believe that people, especially here, can not see this as outright sabotage.

"Yeah, in an attempt to improve efficiency I scrapped all those dumb cnc machines and replaced them with engine lathes and bridgeports."

wtf ?

In my opinion if the post office wants to become more profitable then they should do away with bulk rates. I could heat my house with the amount of junk mail I get.

I still can't believe that people, especially here, can not see this as outright sabotage.

"Yeah, in an attempt to improve efficiency I scrapped all those dumb cnc machines and replaced them with engine lathes and bridgeports."

wtf ?

Alibaba must be getting complaints that some of the millions upon millions of small bubble mailers coming out of China are running late. Whatever will the cut rate carbine insert users ever do? ****

(****In 2018, Congress passed another tracking law, this time to try to stanch the flow of fentanyl coursing through the mail. The measure requires that all packages from foreign countries include tracking data, but the Postal Service tried to defeat the measure and has still not implemented all the safeguards required, such as tracking the senders and receivers of all packages from China"

Hey, what 'ya gonna do. https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...ehicles-crossing-southern-border/?arc404=true

Easy to understand why they run a deficit as they deliver a letter first class for 55 cents. They are slower than a Fedex or UPS letter, but those places charge $8 and change. The post office also doesn't tack on an extra $5 for residential delivery when an area is considered too far off the beaten path, even if an area is not zoned residential. As far as a letter not making a 3 hr trip in a business week the distance is close to a moot point. That letter is probably stuck at the local hub and hasn't left town. Most of the hubs are packed to the gills, the pandemic has also caused Fedex and UPS to dump an unprecedented amount of packages on them. Here in the past that was only done by UPS during inclement weather.

No matter who is in office USPS will always be a victim of government policies. Employees get pretty much double or more of pay and benefits than they would working a similar skilled job in the private sector, plus those using their own vehicle to deliver mail get 50% more than the I.R.S. business mileage allowance. Also as with any federal government job the hiring process is slow, if they determined more manpower was needed it would take months to start filling positions. Also it is pretty much a job for life so that doesn't encourage a slacker to make a good effort. I have a neighbor who is a retired USPS supervisor who has told me a lot of what goes on.

You'd have to be as dense as....a postal employee....to think Trump had anything to do with the USPS being a 3rd world outfit. But then, projection is one of the cornerstones of liberalism.

I mailed a single pushrod to a California PO BOX 2 days after Christmas in an overnight USPS box. The tracking showed it made it to the Post Office where the PO Box is housed the next day. Then, it disappeared from tracking for a week. It re-appeared in Boston, MA. It sat in Boston for another 5 days. Then, it disappeared for 4 more days. Finally, it re-appeared in Colorado for a day, then 3 days later it showed up....back at my place. Bravo.

And every single gun I've shipped vanishes in a similar fashion. I'm 100% sure the postal employees stash them away, hoping they'll be given up on and then they get a free gun eventually.

Why does the postal service suck? It's simple. It's full of liberals and Democrats, the exact people who seek to skate through life doing as little as possible and smoking as much dope as possible while riding on the backs of conservatives and freethinkers.

You'd have to be as dense as....a postal employee....to think Trump had anything to do with the USPS being a 3rd world outfit. But then, projection is one of the cornerstones of liberalism.
You'd have to be asleep for the past year to not recognize the name Mike Dejoy and know that this Trump-installed saboteur removed the automated sorting machines and in many other ways fucked up the post office even worse than it was. Hey there, Rip ! how was the nap ? been bowling recently ?

Can you tell the truth even once in your life ? Just to throw people off the track ?

Why does the postal service suck? It's simple. It's full of liberals and Democrats, the exact people who seek to skate through life doing as little as possible and smoking as much dope as possible while riding on the backs of conservatives and freethinkers.
It's hard to believe you can walk and chew gum on the same day, much less at the same time. What is wrong with you people ? Did they drop you all on your heads as babies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back