What's new
What's new

Optima disassembly help needed

daryl bane

Titanium
I have a newer style Optima drill grinder and am attempting to take off the arms and swivel plate for a good cleaning. I have the prints for an older style but it seems to be put together the same. Is the main swivel plate that the arms are attached to, threaded to the bearing assy. shaft? There is a rolled pin( I have removed this) that should allow the plate to come off the shaft, but no luck. Same with the arm that holds the chucks. There shows to be a pin accessed by threaded holes on the graduated endcap that allow? the pin to be driven out..again no luck. I am trying not to cause any damage if I am overlooking something. Thanks

Just a quick update for posterity and whoever might find it useful in the future. The main swivel plate comes out by removing the double nut arrangement on the shaft inside the main casting. These nuts were extremely tight, which really I don't see the reason. The plate, shaft and bearings all come out leaving the races in situ. I assume they could now removed ( which I will not do) using a suitable bushing and LARGE hammer.

Back