O T, US Mail - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O T, US Mail

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thought USPS were really good, they delivered 300% of the Biden votes, what service, trouble is now the wonkeyness worked we getting it next, mayor of London bought 9 millions worth of dominion machines for the mayoral election, second hand or slightly used, JB might be mayor of London next
    Mark

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Montana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bitch bitch bitch. USPS does a good job vast majority of the time. Guys on this forum have probably sent a metric shit ton of metal in flat rate boxes. Beats the hell out of FedEx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

UPS? Fedex?

Sent some info to canada a couple-three weeks ago. Needed to be there "NOW". Next day was cheaper than 3 day service, maybe the airplane wasn't full.

Now, how MUCH you ask? For a few sheets of paper with signatures on them?

Somewhere North of $50, that's how much. The 3 day came up as $95, don't ask me.

Do those folks want everyone to use Fedex? Damn straight.... they made money on that one. And most all the others. So do the various hucksters in politics recently.

Yeah there are still folks posting here that drank the koolaid. And they have not figured out yet (or cannot admit to anyone) that they were played for suckers all along, deliberately, by a very effective set of hucksters, who do not give a rats ass about them except how much $$$ can be squeezed out of them.

Those folks got screwed every which way from Sunday, and don't know it even yet.

DeJoy was one of the milder types of reaming.... yes he got rid of machines that arguably he did not need to. But he also cut the hours, and made rules that ended up having carts of mail sitting on docks waiting to be sent on next week or so. But late mail is just a nuisance.... a few more late payment fees that should not be incurred, and which you cannot avoid no matter what you do......

Not near as bad as trying to; kill you (in several different ways), make your vote irrelevant, and screw you with more taxes and lower wages.

Those hucksters convinced millions of folks to plain and simple vote to get screwed. Talk about "sheeple"......

4. Likes Mark Rand, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    The destroyed sorting machines excuse is pure bullshit.

To begin with, ballots never should have been mailed in the first place. Never. A thin-as-paper ploy by Democrats to provide ample opportunity for fraud. If you can't get your ass out to vote, use normal absentee ballots and vote well in advance just like always. Changing the rules for covid? Pure political malfeasance.

The boxes of ballots being tossed in dumpster had nothing to do with sorting machines. The postal employees on video bragging about how they tossed Republican ballots? Same. The general ineptitude? Same. The whole sorting machine line is just that - a line fed to the donks by the media. If Chris Cuomo or Don Lemon says it's true you know that's a red flag.

Washington and Oregon have both been 100% vote by mail for over ten years, never a problem, and no problems this year either. Its not rocket science.

My local mailmen are not paid that much, and they drive their own cars- they get their route evaluated, and then thats how much they get paid for the route, regardless of hours, or number of packages. A lot of the year, they do 500 packages a day.
    Big city mailmen are different, they drive Post Office vehicles, and some are paid hourly, some are salaried.

There are 7 different unions representing postal workers, all have different deals.

Its a lot more complicated than many people seem to think.

But one thing is for sure- Amazon and Ebay packages have gone way up in number since March 2020, and the mailmen are doing more work, mostly for the same amount of money.

My last guy had his expected time to do his route estimated in june, and then found december he was working til 8 or 9 every night, for the same bucks. He quit.

6. Likes Mark Rand, JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Trumps post office head was forced to resign right before the election after he did what he could to slow down the service. It will take Biden's appointee a while to repair the damage to morale and restore machinery. the x offical will go back and enjoy more private shipping volumne at his old shipping company.
    Bil lD
    like most if not all tax payer funded things its just a shelter for the incompetent you know hey don't have to work and they can't be fired thank you lbj for your great society the last real big thing our country has done was going to the moon its been down hill after that and they wonder what happened to the Incas and the like more then likely it was to much democracy

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesca View Post
    like most if not all tax payer funded things its just a shelter for the incompetent ...
    I'm sick to death of you idiots. You couldn't fucking sweep the street and have it come out clean, but you have to bitch about everyone else on the planet.

The post office is fine. It works good, when assholes like DeJoy are not running it. You people are just a bunch of whining ignorant little cunts.

9. Likes Greg White, JST, TheOldCar, Ries, JoeE. and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    I'm sick to death of you idiots. You couldn't fucking sweep the street and have it come out clean, but you have to bitch about everyone else on the planet.

The post office is fine. It works good, when assholes like DeJoy are not running it. You people are just a bunch of whining ignorant little cunts.
    Whining ignorant cunt is one of my favorite digs. Jew boy kike is next.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Took three weeks to get a package from NJ to Toronto a while back and a month for a letter from Montreal.

UPS was OK for a while but now they're hosing us on broker fees, call to get an adjustment or refund and it goes to the Philippines. Had an agent tell me my refund will go to my Visa, said I paid PayPal. No problem she said we'll refund your Visa, I said OK, you want the number. No, but don't worry, we'll refund your Visa. So you have the number? No, but don't worry, we'll refund your Visa.

I swear they have canned replies on the wall and just read them off. May as well be chatting with their "virtual assistant".

Then DHL can get a package here from Sweden or France in a couple days, reasonably priced with proper taxes and broker fees and no drama.

USPS/Canada Post, UPS and FedEx suck.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post

“ You couldn't fucking sweep the street and have it come out clean, but you have to bitch about everyone else on the planet. ”

With you and your rioters we should stick to teargas to sweep the streets with that works so much better. And why complain about everyone on the planet when you are so deserving of our sole focus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was in the line of cars waiting to get past the drive up mail boxes to the parking lot exit. I'm in my dually, you know, one of those pick up trucks that's as big as a house. The postmaster walks along the side of the post office, waves to those of us in line gets in his suv and backs out of his parking spot and right into the side of my truck. Yep, they hire only the best and brightest.

14. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Yep, they hire only the best and brightest.
    I knew a factory manager for a large bearing company, got drunk, drove off the road, hit a tree, lucky to be alive.

Yup, them machinists are stupid as shit.

Oh wait, I knew another machinist, great with lathes mills and grinders. We were coming back from fourth of july, he drove the boat to the left of the green channel markers, so there were were, stuck for the next twelve hours tipped over twenty degrees and the dog had to pee.

Damn, them machinists are fucking dumb.

Hang on, another one ! I was running off 1200 little spline shafts on a Barber-Colman a while ago. Totally forgot that the tailstock went over center, took the first day standing there holding the lever before I figured it out.

That's three machinists that are fucking idiots, compared to one postmaster. Therefore, postmasters are three times smarter than machinists.

And then there was the one who gave you covid, because he wasn't smart enough to stay away and keep his germs to himself ....

16. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JST View Post
    The USPS, in general, has been very well run, effective, inexpensive, quick, and consequently very useful. Up until this year..... Louis DeJoy did a very effective job of sabotaging it, which was probably the reason he was appointed. Anybody but a fool can see that is true.
    Do you get your mail from Clayton? Being the county seat of a very affluent county, there are a lot of people who swing a lot of weight. A federal operation is supposed to be independent, but there are a plenty of folks who can yank strings when they don't like the service.

Bill

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post
    Do you get your mail from Clayton? Being the county seat of a very affluent county, there are a lot of people who swing a lot of weight.
    Some time ago my mom was friends with the postmistress in Bartlett, California. She did it part-time, for free, because there were four (4) houses there. In the middle of the desert.

They got the mail fine.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Get the automation gurus to work on a useful project like this. Novel idea actually solve a problem while day dreaming about a robot utopia.

USPS can then be the go to for mail and everything. Started by the government and a critical element of any society is the mail. Innovations in transportation were all driven by having a good mail service for the sake of communication and commerce. Well the government even has historically had to pay more money in to the post office for the public good than what they earned. Government politics and tight fisted politicians have hobbled the post office leading it into the realm of inaction and stagnation. A true red headed stepchild of government bureaucrats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here's another example of liberal hypocrisy shining you in the face...mail-in voting was 100% fraud-free for the Presidency, but not for their own union vote.

election.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am amazed at the good work done by the USPS. I ship heavy (70 pound limit) Priority boxes once or twice a week. They get the package to the correct address 99.9% of the time. They did lose one piece a while back. But it did show up after an unexplained 3 week delay. The tracking provided is spot-on. The mail carriers I’ve gotten to know over the years work hard, are diligent and work long hours. My current carrier is a good human being with a wife and kids and takes pride in his job. I gave him a 50 dollar tip at Christmas. The amount of extra work he has done related to Covid and the benefit to the homes he serves is remarkable.

Denis

22. Likes Trueturning, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    Cognitive dissonance is a term used to describe the inner feelings of anguish a person experiences following a bad decision.

For example, you need a good truck, but instead of buying a decent 2 year old basic model for $30K, you buy a new $75K model that you know you can't afford. You react by bragging about how great it is to all your friends, seeking their reassurance. You rationalize the $1000 note for 84 months by telling yourself you'll cut back on eating out. Most of all, you keenly avoid anyone who suggests you made a bad decision, and you lash out at them the split second you sense it coming.

You can see cognitive dissonance at work in the nasty nature of liberals. It's very telling when you see them fight tooth and nail to assure each other that Kameltoe - a pretend black woman - and senile Joke were to best choice. They flock to the media for particulate examples of just how the other side was up to no good.

I hope every single person who loses his job, pays off some loser's college loan, or has his daughter plumbed by an illegal is a Democrat voter. But unfortunately, it doesn't work that way...when someone pees in the pool, it gets all over everyone.

Ever consider you are a victim of your diagnosis of others? Nah, that would make your head hurt more than it does now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gregsy I guess you missed the memo that mail in voting is exactly the same as absentee voting.
    Should over seas military be allowed to mail in ballots or not? I think that is fine, while you disagree.
    Bill D.

25. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post
    Do you get your mail from Clayton? Being the county seat of a very affluent county, there are a lot of people who swing a lot of weight. A federal operation is supposed to be independent, but there are a plenty of folks who can yank strings when they don't like the service.

Bill

Nope, we have our own PO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by workin stiff View Post
    Whining ignorant cunt is one of my favorite digs. Jew boy kike is next.

We got a real wiener here..............................(copied just so you can't deny it later..... )