What's new
What's new

Off Topic: Tough decisions?, quantum physics to the rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill D

Diamond
Heard about this on public radio. Universe splitter, Face a tough decision and use this method to choose. I do not understand the math but quantum physics says that using a single photon bouncing off a random mirror is like a magic eight ball decision maker but... Using such a small unit it actually goes both ways at the same time and creates two separate universes. Identical in all ways except for that one choice you made.
So you do it one way, the other you does it the opposite way, and both universes are happy. Saves a lot of worry since you are actually doing both options at the same time.
Maybe this will stop the politics on this forum and let machining questions rule here again?
Bill D.

UniverseSplitter - Home

The wikipedia version for morons like me

Delayed-choice quantum eraser - Wikipedia

Three umpires are sitting around the table nursing their beers and talking shop.

First umpire: Some is balls and some is strikes and I calls 'em as they is.

Second umpire: Some is balls and some is strikes and I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Third umpire: Some is balls and some is strikes, but they ain't NOTHIN' til I calls 'em.

Heard about this on public radio. Universe splitter, Face a tough decision and use this method to choose. I do not understand the math but quantum physics says that using a single photon bouncing off a random mirror is like a magic eight ball decision maker but... Using such a small unit it actually goes both ways at the same time and creates two separate universes. Identical in all ways except for that one choice you made.
So you do it one way, the other you does it the opposite way, and both universes are happy. Saves a lot of worry since you are actually doing both options at the same time.
Maybe this will stop the politics on this forum and let machining questions rule here again?
Bill D.

UniverseSplitter - Home

The wikipedia version for morons like me

Delayed-choice quantum eraser - Wikipedia

Do you get wet when you walk in the rain? Or does the rain get you?
Light up another spliff and get back to us.

for morons like me

Irrelevant.

Arguing politics is what grown-ups JF DO ... once they discover physical
masturbation will wear out the skin on their genitals faster than it can heal.

How "non-hard" WAS that?

:(

Bet you started arguing politics at a young age?

And there you have it.

Failed at being a moron!

At least until "TDS" was invented as a cheap substitute for free immortality and expensive rage..

Mental equivalent of stretch panty-hose, "TDS" is!

One size of blind-rage fits all cracks and crotches!

:D

Looks like jim is living rent-free in termite's noggin.

Phht.. didn't bother ME.

We cycle our public arseholes at max 8 year intervals.

Never really KNEW FDR. Knew TOO much about Harry Truman. And since.
This is not a new thing, dummy.

But you?

You'll carry that whiner-hater-blamer-liar curse to your very grave!

Just what TF IS "TDS" anyway that ruins minds, lives, and reputations?

Self-inflicted early-onset dementia?

Surely acts like it.

Tell us again how DJT f**ked-up your whole dam' life, up close and personal! Not that the archives are in any shortage of it.

"Volunteer Fool".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back