What's new
What's new

oil filter adapter brass

mofosheee

Aluminum
Please refer to the pictures. I'm having trouble finding a brass oil filter adapter to fit the aluminum replica that I made.
The first picture is what I milled. It's 0.5" thick. The second and third are of where I want to go.
I'm unable to locate a flared brass 1/2" NPT thread that will allow me to drill and tap for a 1/8" NPT thread as pictured in the second pic. Any help appreciated.
Thank you

XRoilfilter0.jpg
XR oil filter1.jpg
XRoilfilter4.jpg

Am I understanding correctly that what you want is just a brass piece that's 1/2" NPT on the OD and 1/8" NPT on the ID?

McMaster Carr has a number of options here so describe more clearly please why nothing they have will work.

If this is for a spin on oil filter, those don't have a tapered thread. You should be able to buy or make that piece.

If for some reason it is a tapered pipe thread you can make or modify a pipe plug to do what you want.

What thread is your oil filter? What is a "flared brass 1/2" NPT thread"? Is it a flare fitting on one side and a 1/2 NPT on the other? If so where does the oil filter thread on?

Boat Anchor stuff...

Heretic! Burn the Unbeliever!

[Small note - during the year I spent as academic staff in MIT's Aero-Astro department (circa 1999), I spent a bit of time helping some Buell staff in the Wright wind tunnel, adjusting some of the aero bits on a new bike. I may have influenced their intake ram, but no way I can say for sure]

Back