What's new
What's new

Oil resistant flexible line?

BobH

Aluminum

I need a flexible oil line to go from the lube pump up to a block on the carriage of an HLV-H. What material would be suitable for cutting oil and be flexible enough to not cause any drag on the carriage? I think flexibility is king here so as not to mess with the feel or rack anything out of square when cranking back and fourth. Bob

Your local farm supply store should have hose resistant to oil and most chemicals, used by crop spraying equipment. Clear, flexible and inexpensive, I have it on several of my machines.

I have plenty of fuel line and hydraulic hose here but I was hoping for something more flexible. Since I'm making this up from scratch I can use any size I want. The pump is a typical small coolant pump and I don't need a huge flow, This is only a HLV-H, not something that's going to be hogging off huge cuts. Thanks so far, Bob

The small engine gas line available at any hardware store that sells lawn mowers or chainsaws is about as good as "small" line gets.

Translucent, so you can see if there is fluid in. VERY Flexible, gas and oil proof.

It does stiffen over time, but it's CHEAP! in small lengths . cheap being relative ;-)

You can get a very flexible hydraulic hose that has carbon fibre wrap rather than braided wire.....ive also see some Jap machines seem to have a solid plastic type of hydraulic hose ,small OD compared to normal hose.....personally ,Id have a look at truck air brake hose ....shiny black extruded nylon,up to 1/2" NB,and pretty cheap.

there is clear, oil resistant pvc hose as well (if pressure is not too high). then, if you need really flexible, a thick walled silicone hose will bend with almost no inside radius.

Back