What's new
What's new

Okuma LC30 Z axis backlash.

DIAFLASH

Plastic
Hi guys.

We have an old one of the above mentioned Lathes & are experiencing 3mm of backlash on the Z axis. I haven't had a chance to investigate yet but will probably get a chance tomorrow. I am hoping that somebody could give me an heads up of potential causes that would result in this much backlash.
Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards.

Diaflash.

Hi guys.

We have an old one of the above mentioned Lathes & are experiencing 3mm of backlash on the Z axis. I haven't had a chance to investigate yet but will probably get a chance tomorrow. I am hoping that somebody could give me an heads up of potential causes that would result in this much backlash.
Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards.

Diaflash.

Bump up.
Come on guys, help me out here. Surely someone has a starting point that they can share with me. I can only think of that there could be some slack developed at the end of the Bearing Block? Other than that I am clueless, I am just trying to pull on your wisdom & superior knowledge!
Thanks in advance.

Diaflash.

All sorted now, the ball screw housings had worked loose at both ends. Retightened and clocked up within 2 microns, happy with that!

Steve.

Back