What's new
What's new

Old Bridgeport Round Ram Mill. Tramming question

Knick

Plastic
Hey guys

Newbie here

I have purchased a old Bridgeport Round Ram mill and I am getting ready to tram the head.
The current set up on this Mill wont allow you to set the Nod, But look at the picture and tell me why cant I rotate the Ram 90 degrees?

Would this not give me the the ability to change the Nod? Or am I missing something?

Thank you

P.S. I rotated the pic before uploading it but it still flipped it.

IMG_4723[1].jpg

The ram is rotated 90 degrees turn it and you should be fine . When I had one the only draw back was if the cutter grabbed it would tip the head up . We had a plug we used .It might be worth the effort to put a taper pin in after you tram then going forward you will easily find zero.
Pete

Kevin

I looked around for a place to post that question and completely overlooked that area. Thanks for pointing that out!

Kevin

I think I have my answer but thought I would move it but I don't see how? Can I move it?

Hi Pete

Thanks for the help. I was thinking about this and thought maybe I would check the Nod like it is first and see if its close and if not than turn it. Do you know how it came from the factory?

While I am far from an expert on the topic I can't see how it could have any value when configured to have the pivot axis perpendicular to the X Y plane. I would think it's there for nod and fancy angled holes type stuff.

Back