What's new
What's new

This Old Tony?

lucky7

Titanium
Unusual for him to go almost three months without putting out a youtube. Hoping he’s ok. Anyone know him?

L7

No, but he mentioned a family death (father maybe?) in one of the last videos as a reason he hadn't been posting. He does seem a cool guy, super smart and a sense of humor.

No, but he mentioned a family death (father maybe?) in one of the last videos as a reason he hadn't been posting. He does seem a cool guy, super smart and a sense of humor.
Right. He said in a comment on his channel that his father-in-law passed. He also mentioned that he was one of the reasons he was able to sneak away to the garage to make videos. I'll add the link to the comment if I can find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Can't easily link it... Go to YouTube, find ToT's channel, then go to the "community" section. The most recent post he made explains what's up.

Hope all is alright with him.

I found his YouTube channel 2 years ago and he’s literally the reason I now own a metal shop in my garage.

He pushed me to make the jump and try something I now love, great man in my book

I always thought his video production quality was the best. Anybody that can manage a shop on the side of a mountain in the Italian Alps, must be doing something right.

Can't easily link it... Go to YouTube, find ToT's channel, then go to the "community" section. The most recent post he made explains what's up.

Thanks for the pointer.

Eager to see him return, him and edge precision are my favorite machining (and general shop) content on the tube. But glad he's taking his time -- better to return in style, as he said, rather than too early.

Thanks for info.

Can’t see the Community section of youtube on iPads. Seems Apple and Google/Youtube aren’t playing nice.

Looking forward to ToT return when he’s able.

L7

Yep, I look forward to his return. He is one of my favorites! My kids and I enjoy watching his videos together.

From his community page on YouTube which also references reaching 1 million subscribers...

This Old Tony
1 month ago
ONE MILLION! �� (and quick update.)
First and foremost, THANK YOU! Impossible to believe a million of you enjoy hanging out with some guy in his garage... but more on this later.

On a somber note, and the reason I ain't been around these parts lately: lost my father-in-law. wife lost her dad. kids lost their grandpop. He was a great guy who checked out way too young and left a big hole.

Hate to be a downer, so keeping it short. Please bear with us as my family tries to get used to the new normal; fact of the matter, he was a significant part of me being able to sneak away and play with you folks.

Will be back soon... and we'll pick this party back up in style.

xo,
OldTony

To me, TOT set the bar for YouTube videos. I like the content but the production quality and worm hearted humor makes what he does appeal to pretty well everyone. I’m sad to hear of is dad in law passing a lot as his style and skill makes him and his family feel a lot like our own. There seems to be a lot of over the top smartness in that family.

Agree about the quality of TOT's content - I always look forward to his videos. He did actually post a couple of new videos this month. Long may they continue :)

Lee

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I thought this was going to be about tonyUk who has many machine manuals for free download. He also sells them and I believe he may be a machine broker.
My comment is what happens when someone like that dies? I suppose the site will stay up for a year or so if the bill was paid in advance for hosting services. Is there some way a site like his or like this one will continue even if it is just archieves and no new messages can be added.
Does our fearless leader have any plans to continue this forum after he dies?
After he died Bill Harrah's family sold off 90% of his massive car collection because he had done no estate planning. I understand Jay Leno has a will that gives money to keep his much smaller collection intact as a museum.
Bill D

Back