What's new
What's new

Opinions on this Lagun Ftv -4 mill.

limeweld

Plastic
Facebook Marketplace: Perfiladora italiana Lagun grande - Tools - Guadalajara, Jalisco mill in question

no tooling or vice.

asking around 5k USD, I'm thinking more on the low 4k side What do you guys think?

How do these compare to a traditional Bridgeport?

It does have an R8 spindle, I'm thinking about changing it to a 40 taper,
I think the machine has the HP and rigidity to handle it, can it be done? I have no mill tooling at the moment.

I know tooling is going to be expensive, but if the mill is worth it, ill invest.

Any things I should watch out for on this specific mill?

All axis are powered

Looks nice in the pics. If the ways and head are good I'd pay that.

I have a FTV-2. Lagun are excellent machines, beefier than a BP.

Yeah, R8 is light, but cheap and plentiful. Before converting the spindle over to a larger taper, I'd get a DRO and power drawbar, and put some money into tooling- decent vise, super spacer, etc.

I don't know if you can get to a 40 taper, but a 30 taper would be doable...

The $ sign threw me off at first lol. Yeah, I'd give 5k USD for that too after running it to make sure it's ok. Nice paint jobs always make them look good. I have a FTV-2 and it's done everything a same size Bridgeport does (10x50 table). Was thinking of selling out and asking 5k for mine since it only has around 400 hours on it. I'm surprised the table on that 4 isn't full of holes. Looked at a lot of Bridgeports before buying the Lagun and they all had holes in them and were generally worn out.

Back