What's new
What's new

Rigging a Di-Acro VT-19S turret punch

martinberryman

Aluminum
I need to move a small manual turret punch that we bought via online auction. From the photos it would appear to be top heavy, and I don't want to be posting the classic fail video after tipping it on it's face. I have searched under all of the various spellings of Di-Acro looking for an online manual or any info.
I have skates and a toe-jack, but would rather pick it up with a forklift if there's a suitable way to do it.
Can you offer any advice on how to rig it, especially if it's based on first-hand knowledge of a VT-19S?

You should remove the front table to balance the load, then the covers that are on top of the machine need to be removed to access the upper casting, there are cross pieces you can snake a sling around to pick the machine from overhead?
I have lifted a couple of these this way.....I don't think I have ever seen instructions in the manual for lifting?

Kevin

I did - thanks.
The on site crew had already picked the machine up with a forklift, to make room to move another machine out. They were great guys, and made move-out super easy. The lower HSS frame in the machine provided a good lifting location although it definitely would have been safer with the front table removed. On smooth surfaces, I'd do the same again - your way would definitely be better if there were slopes or uneven floors to deal with.
Thanks again for the advice.
Martin

Back