What's new
What's new

OT, 230 Chrysler Ind. Engine Parts.

Bobnotthecat

Cast Iron
Sir's,

A good friend of mine has collected an old combine with a good running Chrysler 230 flathead 6 cylinder ind. engine and needs an exhaust manifold. This application has an updraft carb and exhausts out the top. These engines are still very common as they were placed into many welders, compressors, fork trucks etc. I would very much appreciate any leads to that end.

Thanks for your consideration,

Bob....not the cat.

if its the old WW2 one ,so called "Burma " Dodge engine ,he should have no trouble with spares made for the Power Wagon restorers.These motors are the 3 7/16 " bore engine......Incidentally ,its folklore if you run these engines with the thermostst removed ,the head will crack ..............PS ,for a manifold gasket ,use black silastic ,the cheap hardware store stuff.......very surprising how long it lasts in exhaust heat............I used a keep a fleet of flathead forklifts going with silastic ......very versatile stuff.

How far is your search, parts are everywhere. Im in california and have several sources. Off topic but the heads crack mostly from water tube rotten or left out, nothing to do with thermostat.

Back