What's new
What's new

Source For Timkin Bearings

Depending on what you need, Rock Auto has a good selection of Timken bearings. I just bought some tapered rollers from them for a forklift wheel hub.

If you are in a jamb, Amazon Prime works. I just used them for 4 Timken taper roller bearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I recently got some Timken from this shady person.
eBay - Page Not Found

The bearings were in a NoN-Timken box. The price was reasonable...

The seller was and is unpleasant to deal with.
The bearings came from New Jersey not Palm Desert.

Ordered on a Thursday thinkin of a mid week delivery.
Asked if the bearings were shipped on the next Thursday.
No reply.
He printed a shipping label Friday evening.
No tracking until Wednesday.
Delivered on Saturday.

As per Ebay I mentioned I planed on leaving poor feedback, and complained about the shipping delay. His reply was I should have paid for express shipping.

I recently got some Timken from this shady person.
eBay - Page Not Found

The bearings were in a NoN-Timken box. The price was reasonable...

The seller was and is unpleasant to deal with.
The bearings came from New Jersey not Palm Desert.

Ordered on a Thursday thinkin of a mid week delivery.
Asked if the bearings were shipped on the next Thursday.
No reply.
He printed a shipping label Friday evening.
No tracking until Wednesday.
Delivered on Saturday.

As per Ebay I mentioned I planed on leaving poor feedback, and complained about the shipping delay. His reply was I should have paid for express shipping.

OP want's cheap, cheap, cheap....Locals are robber barrons eh ?
"Something other than the local robbers down the street."

Koyo is as good or better than Timken and there are motor shops in Spokane that might not rape you on the price. Motion Industries is there too and unless they're "the local robbers down the street", I have seen fair pricing from them as well.

Stuart

Koyo is as good or better than Timken and there are motor shops in Spokane that might not rape you on the price. Motion Industries is there too and unless they're "the local robbers down the street", I have seen fair pricing from them as well.

Stuart

Yeah some Japanese bearing makers are up there with the best. Having said that there's a world of difference between " ordinary " bearings you find in automobiles and the precision matched bearings you find in machine tool spindles for instance.

Regards Tyrone.

...Yeah some Japanese bearing makers are up there with the best...

SKF, *********, NSK, INA, NTN, Timken, Koyo and Nachi are probably the most recognized names in bearing production around the world.
Of the 8 names I listed 4 are Japanese--yeah they're up there all right.

And you have to realize that all of those manufacturers have many production facilities scattered all over the world including many in
China. Just because a company has its headquarters in one country doesn't mean that all bearings made by them will come from that
country--I'll bet that there are a lot of "Chinese" bearings in boxes from all the major manufacturers.

While we're on the subject of bearings a lot of you will recognize the name New Departure; once a part of the General Motors empire.
I found this interesting snippet of info on their origins, products and untimely fall from grace...

Keeping America Rolling: A Brief History of New Departure Manufacturing

Back