Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n2zon View Post
    There's always stringing them along for your own entertainment. I do that once in a while, but nothing I have ever done measures up to...

Greatest Prank Call Ever! TomMabe.com Murder Scene - YouTube
    Yes,I heard this on the B&T show....he reels him in, and then let's him out a wee bit.
    Then set's the hook yet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Whom do you know that still even calls a "salesman" at all - or even could FIND one - these "online ordering" days, anyway?

No need for Fortune 400, zeroeth downward to call MY old sales force. They were already in your place and taken-for-granted as the customer's own resources to solving small problems before they became larger problems.

Sound familiar? It's part of what YOU do at "Day Job" as well, yah? Be seen as useful and helpful. An asset, and not intrusive atall.
    I do not want to call any salesmen at all ever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife's cell phone number is apparently tied to a 1-800 number for an online pharmacy. So she gets calls all the time of people wanting the prescriptions filled. She eventually made her VM greeting to say this is not a pharmacy, do not leave your prescription info, do not ask about your prescriptions, etc. Still get voice mails where people want to talk to her manager, because they think her voice mail greeting is unprofessional. lol

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SamH View Post
    My wife's cell phone number is apparently tied to a 1-800 number for an online pharmacy. So she gets calls all the time of people wanting the prescriptions filled. She eventually made her VM greeting to say this is not a pharmacy, do not leave your prescription info, do not ask about your prescriptions, etc. Still get voice mails where people want to talk to her manager, because they think her voice mail greeting is unprofessional. lol
    One of my Cornish "F1" Foreign-Service veteran cable engineers, by then a Vee Pee, New York Cable & Wireless (Americas) branch office, Fortune 400 International Private Leased Networks, was bilingual in Spanish.

He got sooo tired of ANGRY Puerto Rican housewives calling a satellite and submarine cable operator all in a rage to come and fix their local TV cable subscription he started telling them in superb Spanish to simply go and stand right next to the problematic TV, and not MOVE.

A service man would be there in due course!

One supposes they twigged to it in time to fix supper, but I'd not have wanted to be the "real" cable Tee Vee staff who took their NEXT call!

Meanwhile, back in University days, a mate of mine got into the habit of answering:

"Coroner's Office. May we have the name of the deceased?"