What's new
What's new

OT Anybody know the wiring on a 1990 Chevy truck 7.4 engine?

The serpentine belt shredded itself and while it flailed around it got hold of the wiring that plugs into the side of the alternator and ripped it out of the plug. Anyone know what the pinout is on the alternator? What wire goes where? I loaned out my factory service manual never to be seen again.

Pm me your email I’ll take a pic of the alternator in my topkick with the 7.4. I’ll have to wait a bit till it’s light out to make sure I don’t get shot at by the opening day hunters lol

Mercuiser Marine used those engines by the train car, and they also built quite detailed service manuals to go with them. I'd download one of those, that pinout is going to be unchanged.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I got some pictures of the plug for you. The wire colors yellow red pink white. White being the large pin on the plug.

I found my 1994 Buick Roadmaster Station Wagon manual. I miss that car, anyway I had the wiring correct so I brought the alternator that I purchased at the local NAPA store 91,700 miles ago and they replaced it under warranty for no charge! All is well again.

Back