What's new
What's new

OT - Anyone know of an operable Hewitt-Robins model 3654 rock crusher?

rklopp

Diamond
I figure some of you folks make parts for rock crushers, or deal in crushers as part of used machinery business. I am looking for a Hewitt-Robins 36x54 impact crusher in use, or at least operable, given that it's wintertime. These machines were made from about the late 60s through the mid 80s. Sadly, no other type, brand, or model of crusher will do.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Don't want to burst your bubble, but as some one that use to design machinery for that trade, they generaly use to run em into the ground. its not exactly a driven by one lady driver kinda bit of kit.

Sadly, no other type, brand, or model of crusher will do.

In the spirit of learning something*, I'll bite....why is this machine different, and nothing else will doo ?
*(about crushers and aggregate stuff)

BTW I will suggest you ask at "heavyequipmentforums.com"
They have a crusher sub-forum:
Crushers

In the spirit of learning something*, I'll bite....why is this machine different, and nothing else will doo ?
*(about crushers and aggregate stuff)

There was an accident on one that has since been decommissioned. We'd like to see one in running or at least runnable condition as part of the investigation.

There was an accident on one that has since been decommissioned. We'd like to see one in running or at least runnable condition as part of the investigation.
Awwww shoot.

I thought you'd give us the "cliff notes" about these things. What all is better for what is needed etc.

FYI don't know if this is any help or not, but a lot of the crushers in general from back then were just a crushing unit - box - cone cylinder or in your case a jaw - impactor. Often supplied with just a multi sheave or plane flat pulley to drive em.

Was very much upto the end user - crusher plant fabricator to add the delivery + collection chutes + the drive and to guard it all up safely. Hence at least most of the older stuff i have seen over here was very much cobbled together, of-tern with nothing like the sorta safety considerations you would see in - on a piece of machinery in a factory of that era.

FYI my condolances to whoever got hurt, because presumably its safe to say your not talking a nicked hand on the edge of a bit of sheet metal. Impact crushers and industrial accident is enough to send shivers down my spine, there not so much impact, more akin to a food processor type arrangement upto crushing - shattering rocks. Very violent compared to the relative tranquillity of say a cone or jaw crusher. Heavy in-feed chain curtains are common too to try and contain flying debri. Badly maintained there lethal to say the least.

Back