What's new
What's new

OT - Anyone recognise this clamp connector hub?

gregormarwick

Diamond
Reverse engineering this for a customer (legitimate reasons, before anyone asks). It is a hub for some sort or clamp connector that I have not seen before. I am concerned about the groove on the face, it is tiny compared to any type of mechanical gasket groove that I have seen on any similar type of system. I need to know if it is in fact for a mechanical gasket, in which case the dimensions will matter, or if it's just a groove for a flat gasket to bit into). Person who knows at the customer is difficult to reach right now, although I am waiting to hear back from them.

Can't find anything that looks similar via a google image search.

It's all imperially dimensioned.

It also differs from every other type of clamped connector that I'm familiar with, in that the back edge of the flange is parallel, not tapered. It's a strange one!

Does anyone recognise it, and know anything about the groove?

Flange OD is 3-9/16", Collar OD is 3", flange thickness is 3/8", neck dimensions roughly match 2" shed 40. Bore is tapered, but haven't measured it yet. Groove OD measures 2.886", 2.82" ID, it appears to be tapered like a typical ring gasket groove, but at that scale it's pretty difficult to tell without sectioning it or getting it under a microscope. Might just be radiused floor.

eRJYPwp.jpg

wg0zGVW.jpg

Backing ring on a stub flange? You could check Weld Bend's literature to verify, but I doubt that conforms to an IPS spec.

Sent via CNC 88HS

Back