OT: Anyone travelled to Canada within the last year to pick up machinery? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    A few months ago there was a decent looking HLVH at an auction site with no reserve , and mandatory rigging cost of $3500
    WTF ?? Maybe they didn't really want to sell it. OR maybe they can get around some income tax requirements by selling it cheap and marking up the rigging. Either way, I would have called them up just to laugh at them. That's just insane.

EDIT to add: I've had the best luck lately with PA and Ohio. Maybe start looking there instead?

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few months ago there was a decent looking HLVH at an auction site with no reserve , and mandatory rigging cost of $3500
    Sounds like Caterpillar. It makes buying from them generally uneconomical. That, and they run stuff hard and put it away wet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pavt View Post
    WTF ?? Maybe they didn't really want to sell it. OR maybe they can get around some income tax requirements by selling it cheap and marking up the rigging. Either way, I would have called them up just to laugh at them. That's just insane.

EDIT to add: I've had the best luck lately with PA and Ohio. Maybe start looking there instead?
    Just over a month ago I bought an early 1900s rivet hammer in Ohio . It looks like a mini helve hammer, so thought it was cool.

August last year this Hardinge turret lathe sold at auction in Illinois for....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The last paragraph of that earlier post concerns a different machine, the ultimate manual Deckel-Maho, an FP4MK with Heidenhain 123, which a Canadian dealer had in 2016. I made a thread in the Deckel sub-forum today about the machine, with a picture from the dealer's website from 2016.

The one that sold in Ontario about a month or so ago had just the Activ control. There was another identical FP4M at the same auction which sold for a couple of hundred because it was missing the Activ control, and was used as a parts machine to keep this one running.

I'm surprised it went that cheap , considering it was on Bidspotter.
    Ah, was wondering how a time in use figure was derived! Wouldn't have turned the nose up at the machine missing the novelty of the Activ dro, as long as the mechanicals and the rest of the electricals were intact, for that price. I think bsg on here, put a positip on a conventional FP4M a few years back and it looked like it belonged.

Looks like there must have been some other Deckels pilfered for parts too, machine light is off something earlier, the 600(?) to 380v transformer thing, beyond the colour, looks a fair bit different to the 415 version at least....certainly odd way of mounting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    Ah, was wondering how a time in use figure was derived! Wouldn't have turned the nose up at the machine missing the novelty of the Activ dro, as long as the mechanicals and the rest of the electricals were intact, for that price. I think bsg on here, put a positip on a conventional FP4M a few years back and it looked like it belonged.

Looks like there must have been some other Deckels pilfered for parts too, machine light is off something earlier, the 600(?) to 380v transformer thing, beyond the colour, looks a fair bit different to the 415 version at least....certainly odd way of mounting.

Here is the link to the parts machine.
    DECKEL FP4M UNIVERSAL MILLING MACHINE, MODEL FP4M (2203-2035), S/N 15798, 380V, DRILL CHUCK (NEED

The table and parts are worth way more than what it went for, which IIRC was $675 or $875 Canadian.

Do you have pictures of the Schaublin 160 that sold in Canada? Curious to know if it was the earlier slab slide front or the later dual column style.

6. Likes BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is the link to the parts machine.
    DECKEL FP4M UNIVERSAL MILLING MACHINE, MODEL FP4M (2203-2035), S/N 15798, 380V, DRILL CHUCK (NEED

The table and parts are worth way more than what it went for, which IIRC was $675 or $875 Canadian.

Do you have pictures of the Schaublin 160 that sold in Canada? Curious to know if it was the earlier slab slide front or the later dual column style.
    Long time repetitive job there it appears! Would have been interesting to know if the fixed angular tables came with them and were auctioned separately or this was some kind of special order.

This parts machine is an FP4M, unlike the other one. Not sure if there was an activ feature available on those....still good buying.

Lucky7 shouldn't leave tantalizing details, then not provide pictures of said Schaublin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last edited by DJ2; 03-01-2021 at 11:07 AM. Reason: add link

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is a 102VM. The other poster mentioned a Schaublin 160. That's a low price for that machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps this topic is appropriate for anyone new to PM since 2008 contemplating a Canadian iron fetch trip to read my tale of woe in that regard...

Spring road trip to Canada and Customs from Hell

(Spud... I'm cringing about missing that Asset Sales Deckel FP4MK, but even more so the Makino KE55... I had no idea... ...now tell me I missed a pristine Schaublin 150 lathe.. )

11. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My bad, Spud. It was actually a Schaublin 150. I get the 150 and 160 confused. It did look good. Unfortunately there was this little thing called covid keeping me close to home when it came up. And truth be told, I was more interested in something else at that sale. Good thing is a PM member one province over now has it. If the new owner wants to mention its origin, he can.

Milacron, your post from 2008 reminded me- it’s your co-conspirator jrwoodca who gave me the tip that led to my very good condition Deckel FP2. Hopefully I’ve thanked him appropriately with the amount of stuff I’ve bought from him over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Perhaps this topic is appropriate for anyone new to PM since 2008 contemplating a Canadian iron fetch trip to read my tale of woe in that regard...

Spring road trip to Canada and Customs from Hell

(Spud... I'm cringing about missing that Asset Sales Deckel FP4MK, but even more so the Makino KE55... I had no idea... ...now tell me I missed a pristine Schaublin 150 lathe.. )
    Only ever seen one Schaublin 150 at auction in the US, was a few years ago . It was in one of the Carolinas or adjacent southern States. Sold for something like $15,750 (not including B.P. and Sales tax). Lots of Rivert 1020s, 1030, Monarch 10000ee & blacksmithing hammers also at same auction. The hammers went for big bucks, way more than the Schaublin.

Here is the one and only Schaublin 150 I've ever seen come up for sale or auction in North America.

The Makino auction was kinda sketchy...I'll make a thread in the Makino section and post pics.

The Deckel FP4MK in Canada was Infinity Asset Solutions, I had earlier made a mistake in saying Asset Sales.

Surprised you cringe at missing out on it, considering all the very nice machines you have owned. Figured you would only cringe at missing out on the Deckel-Maho FP4MK with Heidenhain TNC123, considering the dealer only wanted about $15K US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    My bad, Spud. It was actually a Schaublin 150. I get the 150 and 160 confused. It did look good. Unfortunately there was this little thing called covid keeping me close to home when it came up. And truth be told, I was more interested in something else at that sale. Good thing is a PM member one province over now has it. If the new owner wants to mention its origin, he can.

Milacron, your post from 2008 reminded me- it’s your co-conspirator jrwoodca who gave me the tip that led to my very good condition Deckel FP2. Hopefully I’ve thanked him appropriately with the amount of stuff I’ve bought from him over the years.

That is a real low price for that lathe. Was never a fan of the 160 but always liked the 125, 135 and 150, especially the later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Figured you would only cringe at missing out on the Deckel-Maho FP4MK with Heidenhain TNC123, considering the dealer only wanted about $15K US.
    You're right... I had scanned your posts and missed that... OMG, I would have paid that for it in a heartbeat. Further pain is that I had the email of the original Canadian buyer from the US Aerospace auction and contacted him every couple of years to see if he would sell it but he always said no.... last time maybe 5 years ago..

Having said all that I'm not quite as bummed about missing it as I would have been 5 years ago. With the passing of time the amber monoscreen of the TNC123 looks pretty "antique" these days...(and probably is a major pain to repair)

Luckily the Schaublin 150 looks awful and has the older "rounded" style tailstock... thanks for posting Spud ... fascinating stuff !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post

Luckily the Schaublin 150 looks awful and has the older "rounded" style tailstock... thanks for posting Spud ... fascinating stuff !
    Are you referring to the Schaublin 150 that sold a few months ago in Canada that poster Lucky7 mentioned ? I've not seen pics of that machine.

Re. FP4MK with TNC 123

I saw the add around Sep-Oct 2016. Called up the Canadian dealer , and was told he sold it already. Asked him when he put it up for sale; he said he sold it about 6 months prior , which is roughly around when he said he listed the machine. Didn't ask him how much he sold it for or to whom as that may seem prying or inquisitive. He told me he sold to someone in the Netherlands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you referring to the Schaublin 150 that sold a few months ago in Canada that poster Lucky7 mentioned ?
    I saw the add around Sep-Oct 2016. Called up the Canadian dealer , and was told he sold it already. Asked him when he put it up for sale; he said he sold it about 6 months prior , which is roughly around when he said he listed the machine. Didn't ask him how much he sold it for or to whom as that may seem prying or inquisitive. He told me he sold to someone in the Netherlands.
    The "white and rust" 150 in your post. Re the mythical FP4MK -TNC123 buyer...bet it was Bakker CNC Service in NL

fp1seite5.jpg

18. Likes Spud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Canadian Schaublin 150 sold in mid 2020 was machine grey.

L7