What's new
What's new

OT Anyone use corrosionX?

Rob F.

Diamond
I was at the local bearing supply and was talking with them about random stuff and found out they sell corrosionX and really like it. I read up on the website and it sounds to good to be true. Has anyone used it in a real world application?
CorrosionX

I was at the local bearing supply and was talking with them about random stuff and found out they sell corrosionX and really like it. I read up on the website and it sounds to good to be true. Has anyone used it in a real world application?
CorrosionX

I used it for about ten years when I owned an airplane, and really liked it.

I use it and like it. It seems to do what I ask of it on things like electrical connectors on trucks, motorcycles and trailers. It can be a little messy, but that’s why they make shop rags and paper towels.

Thanks, do you use the one in the red can?
What do you use it for, lubrication or rust protection, or?
Rust protection and on electrical connections.
Lubrication of bicycle chain. Applied at the start of last winter and after riding for months in the rain and snow there was no rust visible on the chain.
Red can.

I'm a retired substation electrician for the local utility, and we used corrosionX on power circuit breakers. I used both the red can which is more of a bearing/bushing lube and the heavy duty variety which was a lot thicker and works great for rust prevention. It really has good staying qualities even on the outside equipment.

I'm a retired substation electrician for the local utility, and we used corrosionX on power circuit breakers. I used both the red can which is more of a bearing/bushing lube and the heavy duty variety which was a lot thicker and works great for rust prevention. It really has good staying qualities even on the outside equipment.

What particular parts of the breakers ?

the contacts themselves ?

the linkage ?
The tower insulators ?

The contact fingers ?

What particular parts of the breakers ?

the contacts themselves ?

the linkage ?
The tower insulators ?

The contact fingers ?
We didn't use on any energized components. Mainly to lube the trip linkage on 1960's and 70's vintage OCB's and VCB's in between overhauls.

My favorite for not being to messy and really doing the job of keeping corrosion at bay on my shop tools is Corrosion Block. it's not at all waxy and it smells good too. I'm told it's very popular at Bonneville and with salt water fishermen.

CorrosionX
Used it in marine applications for years. Leaves a nice protective coating but that can/will attract dirt if in an exposed area.

Back