What's new
What's new

OT Appropriate plagiarism.........I could not resist

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-l

Titanium
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance..... I’ve Needed a Doctor. I’ve Needed a Teacher. I need farmers every day... I have needed an auto mechanic, a plumber, a house painter, and a lot of other everyday people. But I have never, not even once, needed a pro Athlete, a media personality, or a Hollywood entertainer for anything!!!

I read this quote by boola56. I had to share.

I feel the same way. I see them give half assed twinky opinions under a veil of self importance. I have a remote controller I use to zap them into oblivion. That's how important they are.

What really matters is the ability to dance and have rhythm. I know this because every single TV show, commercial, and magazine tells us so. A nice house, new car, nice clothes, and $75 dinners every night will come to all those who got moves.

But I gotta tell you - the other day I was stunned and appalled. There was a magazine ad that showed, presumably, a married couple with two young people who, presumably, were children. Get this - all of them were white, and the two older people appeared to be of opposite genders. That's right - can you imagine the gall they had to show a white, heterosexual couple?? Thankfully, every other ad and commercial made within the past 10 years consists of gay and interracial people. Whew!

The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance..... I’ve Needed a Doctor. I’ve Needed a Teacher. I need farmers every day... I have needed an auto mechanic, a plumber, a house painter, and a lot of other everyday people. But I have never, not even once, needed a pro Athlete, a media personality, or a Hollywood entertainer for anything!!!

I disagree, my satellite radio helps my efficiency doing monkey drills immensely, you know load part, push green button every 30 seconds for hours on end, Ball games and auto racing are my favorite distractions. They can usually get 2-3 hours at 80%+ efficiency. Turn that radio off and that efficiency is cut in half or less.

Their importance to me is to entertain me, I don't want to hear their political views even if I agree with them.

I am not buying what brand of anything they are hawking either. I never understood how celebrity endorsements sell anything.

My first Bose's Boss was said to have stated that he would rather sell things people wanted than things people needed.
Obviously, the majority of people are stupid and this in not a new trend.

Want to know what is really scary, the number of people that have no idea why anyone would ever need a machine shop:eek:

True story. Many many years ago tried to get one of those state sponsored small business loans.
2 ladies showed up and asked all kinds of stupid questions, but the one thing they couldn't
grasp is what we did, and why did we need a new machine to do it.

EVERY example presented to them was met with, "Why would they come to you when they can just
go to Walmart and buy it".

A hydraulic valve that goes to the nose landing gear on a B1.. "Why would they come to you
when they can just go to Walmart and buy it".

That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

“Fame is proof that people are gullible.” RWE

Logic and reason – confusing folks since the dawn of time.

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know...morons. " Mel Brooks

"Celebrity is the pursuit of the talentless by the mindless. It diminishes all who seek it and all who publish it." JD

i dont see the u.s. being different. i get pop ups about how roger federer invests money every day.

btw, you forgot the influencers.

ITT:

latest

My first Bose's Boss was said to have stated that he would rather sell things people wanted than things people needed.
Obviously, the majority of people are stupid and this in not a new trend.

It's a lot easier to sell people things they want than things they need. I spent many years in the repair business. People weren't coming to the shop because they wanted to, but rather that something they needed broke, and it was less expensive to have it repaired than to replace it. They would have much rather spent their money on a case of beer or a fancy meal than spend it to repair a machine, or car.

Most people cane through the door resigned to the fact that they were missing out on something they wanted because the thing they had to spend their money on was less gratifying. They wanted the new boat and had put it at the top of their "must have" priority list. Now they have a bad attitude because that purchase is delayed for something as unglamorous as a transmission or engine repair.

People are much happier spending money to buy a new boat, car, or other entertainment object than they are using the money to buy necessities.

"People are much happier spending money to buy a new boat, car, or other entertainment object than they are using the money to buy necessities. "

They're even happier spending money on wants that they need. I meet any number of lower income people who simply don't have what it takes to buy a new boat (money or even credit). But it goes without saying they have their beer and cigarettes and tats and convenience store Red Bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back