OT- April Fools Day- need fresh pranks for coworkers....... - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We had a reputation for pranks...best one was just stating something like "good luck starting the xXxX today..." with proper tone.

Certain folks would get concerned and double check things 3 times looking for something that was not there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    Oh, man.... I think I'd throw the drawbar wrench at whoever was laughing the hardest...
    It would be reflexive with me, not calculated. I get hooked up to those hot wires from time to time. There maybe miles of fence on a single charger with a bunch of weeds touching the wire and it still takes your breath away!
    When the fellow that was laughing the loudest is picking up his teeth and I was recovering from the shock not sure who would be in worst shape.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yesterday, my brother called everyone together and started telling them how much we appreciated them and how everyone's having to deal with stuff during the pandemic, so he wanted to give us all a bonus. He then pulled out a box and started handing out TP rolls.

We have a good crew and everyone laughed. To be honest though, if I was offered a .05 cent pay raise instead.... I probably would have taken the TP.

4. Likes mountie, eKretz, atex57 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Quiring View Post
    We had a reputation for pranks...best one was just stating something like "good luck starting the xXxX today..." with proper tone.

Certain folks would get concerned and double check things 3 times looking for something that was not there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yeah one place I worked had hundreds of guys, so we had groups of buddies that would prank each other, there were some pretty good ones.

I got one guy running a 500 ton press with a dry ice "bomb" - where you put a bit of dry ice in the bottom of a soda pop bottle and then add water and screw the lid on. After about a minute or two the bottle pops like an M80 - KaBoom!

Anyway snuck up behind the press and tossed it underneath while he was working on straightening some coiler segments. BOOM! That brought the leadman running, haha, and they spent the next 10 minutes checking everything. My buddy finally found the popped bottle debris and got back to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you're going to pull pranks in today's pandemic environment, you may as well go all in and hope for the best. Stand close behind someone and fake a loud sneeze, and simultaneously squirt a windex bottle on his neck. Make sure you get enough on his ear and cheek that it runs down a bit. Wait for the reaction, don't run away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Personally, I consider most of this infantile, but there was one that I thought was funny. The story goes that shortly after the Cadillac Eldorado went on the market, one would make a clunk sound when it turned a corner. After checking everything that seemed possible, in desperation they started opening sealed up areas in the body. In one they found a Coke bottle and in the bottle was a note saying

"So you finally found it, you rich son of a bitch."

Bill

8. Likes eKretz, mountie, M.B. Naegle, fusker, DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eKretz View Post
    Yeah one place I worked had hundreds of guys, so we had groups of buddies that would prank each other, there were some pretty good ones.

I got one guy running a 500 ton press with a dry ice "bomb" - where you put a bit of dry ice in the bottom of a soda pop bottle and then add water and screw the lid on. After about a minute or two the bottle pops like an M80 - KaBoom!

Anyway snuck up behind the press and tossed it underneath while he was working on straightening some coiler segments. BOOM! That brought the leadman running, haha, and they spent the next 10 minutes checking everything. My buddy finally found the popped bottle debris and got back to work.
    fired for cause, buh bye

Sending the new guy to the stock room for a 'long weight'; funny

Screwing with a guy running a press that could crush you like a bug, last thing you do at my company

10. Likes steve45, fusker, DrHook, 3t3d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post
    Personally, I consider most of this infantile, but there was one that I thought was funny. The story goes that shortly after the Cadillac Eldorado went on the market, one would make a clunk sound when it turned a corner. After checking everything that seemed possible, in desperation they started opening sealed up areas in the body. In one they found a Coke bottle and in the bottle was a note saying

Bill
    think it was the big time college football player, went to NFL, bad actor in bad films, uhhhh anyway, mentioned they hung nuts from string in quarter panels.

12. Likes eKretz liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    fired for cause, buh bye

Sending the new guy to the stock room for a 'long weight'; funny

Screwing with a guy running a press that could crush you like a bug, last thing you do at my company
    Nah, not unsafe. Press couldn't operate without the doors closed. Might possibly damage the item in the press if he jumped and smashed the lever, but no big deal, it was already bent and being straightened. And a 500 ton press doesn't move fast. A quick bump wouldn't do much of anything.

If you have a press that can crush you like a bug and operate it in a manner that could get people hurt you ought to be fired from your own company. Do you even have such a press? Have you operated one? Sounds like lack.of experience talking.

14. Likes tdmidget liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    If you're going to pull pranks in today's pandemic environment, you may as well go all in and hope for the best. Stand close behind someone and fake a loud sneeze, and simultaneously squirt a windex bottle on his neck. Make sure you get enough on his ear and cheek that it runs down a bit. Wait for the reaction, don't run away.
    Windex not so bad. After that first reaction of "Oh Shit!" the guy would at least smell the Windex and realize it was a prank. It's when you start with the "I tested positive for covid" shit that people will get pissed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Pinch bar the Bridgeport up on some leetel scraps of tire rubber, attach a fench charger to the base...Loads of fun, fun, fun....
    You knew my dad? Neon sign transformer to our car on mischief night. Cat walked under the car with his tail up. Didn’t see him again for about a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back in the day when no one around here heard of fence chargers FIL went fishing at a public lake and decided to take a short cut back to the car. Came to a fence wire and grabbed it with both hands to cross. Could not let go and the buddies had to find a big branch and knock His hands loose. Found out later it was hooked ut to 110 volts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can just imagine somebody standing there saying, "Blow me, blow me..."

19. Likes fusker liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    I have seen an ad somewhere for a roll of untearable TP. Wish I knew where to get it...........
    Just be patient.

Live long enough? They are ALL "untearable".

DAMHIKT!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post

Bill
    Any of you remember the Union/Management "wars" when Lordstown, Ohio auto plant went online? Marbles in fuel tanks, Limberger cheese wedges welded into interior quarter panels... Company finally filed a lawsuit, FORMALLY accused the Union of deliberate sabotage.

Union makes the newspaper claiming they had put hired outside investigators on it and confirmed:

"...that there was no more sabotage than normal."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We used the old surgical hose air bomb, scare the shit out of people.

23. Likes eKretz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nah, not unsafe. Press couldn't operate without the doors closed. Might possibly damage the item in the press if he jumped and smashed the lever, but no big deal, it was already bent and being straightened. And a 500 ton press doesn't move fast. A quick bump wouldn't do much of anything.

If you have a press that can crush you like a bug and operate it in a manner that could get people hurt you ought to be fired from your own company. Do you even have such a press? Have you operated one? Sounds like lack.of experience talking.
    sounds like lack of intellect and lack of knowledge talking on your part

when you run a company you realize childish punks have no place in an organization, let them go be stupid elesewhere

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh, man.... I think I'd throw the drawbar wrench at whoever was laughing the hardest...
    What's a drawbar wrench...?? :smile:

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    sounds like lack of intellect and lack of knowledge talking on your part

when you run a company you realize childish punks have no place in an organization, let them go be stupid elesewhere
    I bet you are a real treasure to work for!

I agree with NOT doing something that may cause injury or worse, but a harmless prank..?

Been a while, but one place I worked we wore gloves when opening up dies and stuff. Every now and then we would squirt grease into the fingers of said gloves. Priceless to see their face when they put them on.

27. Likes eKretz liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like ink on eyepieces. Simple ,funny, doesnt hurt or scare anyone. Best is if everyone else is in on it you can just let em walk around like that and hopefully they will leave with it to show everyone else.I got two boys with some binoculars the other day.