OT - Aquaponics

windsormw

Aluminum
Any members involved in Aquaponics ?

Been reading a couple books on it & worm farming

Aquaponic Gardening by Silvia Bernstein

Worm Farmers Handbook by Rhonda Sherman

questions / comments ????

Epcot which is part of the Disney World resort in Orlando Florida has a boat ride through a large aquaponic facility where all the produce used in their restaurants is grown. It is pretty impressive and the yield and cosmetic appearance of the produce is amazing. No idea how cost effective it is.

Any members involved in Aquaponics ?

Been reading a couple books on it & worm farming

Aquaponic Gardening by Silvia Bernstein

Worm Farmers Handbook by Rhonda Sherman

questions / comments ????

Try over at mother earth news, and Rodan press

Epcot which is part of the Disney World resort in Orlando Florida has a boat ride through a large aquaponic facility where all the produce used in their restaurants is grown. It is pretty impressive and the yield and cosmetic appearance of the produce is amazing. No idea how cost effective it is.

While The Land is an impressive combination greenhouse-hydroponic-aeroponic-aquaculture facility as well as an active biotech laboratory, it is not truly aquaponic since all the growing systems are managed separately.

I recall that they do have one "aquaponic" showpiece but it's still not a true aquaponic system, just a fish tank with some hydroponic veggies strapped to the top of it. From even my limited knowledge of aquaponics there are waaaaay too many fish in that tank for their poop to be properly filtered out as fertilizer for those handful of lettuce heads.

So changing the Greek to the Latin word has suddenly become a different meaning. Sheese what a screwed up language this has become. I suppose just another example of the sorry state of the "educational" system and the ready acceptance by the "unwashed masses". :-(
...lewie...

So changing the Greek to the Latin word has suddenly become a different meaning. Sheese what a screwed up language this has become. I suppose just another example of the sorry state of the "educational" system and the ready acceptance by the "unwashed masses". :-(
...lewie...

3ad.jpg

But in seriousness, a 3 second search of the Google machine on this he-ya internet machine (channeling my inner Ox) says it's not a substitution of one root word for another, it's a portmanteau of Aquaculture and Hydroponics.

So, you can remove the twist in your knickers and know that the sanctity of language has been upheld for another day.

Back