What's new
What's new

OT/ Australian Astro Physicist leads the fight against the coronavirus

What's with you and the dog cones lately? That's the second time I've seen you mention them in as many days! :D

Actually, if they were made of clear plastic they could serve as both mask and goggles PLUS keep people from touching their face. :cool:

I'm gonna copyright the name "coronashield". Of course it would make DRINKING a Corona difficult.

Actually, if they were made of clear plastic they could serve as both mask and goggles PLUS keep people from touching their face. :cool:

I'm gonna copyright the name "coronashield". Of course it would make DRINKING a Corona difficult.

No problem-o ...the 3/8" hole for the cigarette also works well for a straw...

I did some work with super magnets a few years back, and let me tell you, they are NOT something you want to fuck around with. They WILL fuck you up.

So this is an astrophysicist?! Sheesh! And we think they're going to help come up with a solution for this pandemic?!

Parenting 101: "Don't put that (fill in the blank) up your nose Billy!"

So this is an astrophysicist?! Sheesh! And we think they're going to help come up with a solution for this pandemic?!

Parenting 101: "Don't put that (fill in the blank) up your nose Billy!"

Yeah, well, sometimes stupid things happen. He's going to have a hard time living this down, but his girlfriend did him no favors by helping publicize the incident.

Having worked with a bunch of astrophysicists (students and professors), I'll vouch that in general they're really bright people, but sometimes (like everyone) they'll get their heads stuck in the peanut butter jar.

But he is a "scientist"! and 97% of scientist say.........

So you want to go there? Play the "Hurr, look at smart guy, him real dum" bit? Just a little craven...

You work with highly specialized coating and optics, yes? And those were developed by highly intelligent people, yes? You want to join in on the bashing? Good on you, just let your customers know how little regard you have for them.

So you want to go there? Play the "Hurr, look at smart guy, him real dum" bit? Just a little craven...

You work with highly specialized coating and optics, yes? And those were developed by highly intelligent people, yes? You want to join in on the bashing? Good on you, just let your customers know how little regard you have for them.

I have no regard for paper authority.

So that's "97%" of scientists and engineers and whoever? You decide what is correct, because your decree is infallible?

I know (or hope!) that you don't fall into the Dunning Kruger black hole, but you're shaking my belief...

I didn't decide anything, nor did I endorse a position that is outside of my field and experience. Those that do such should be castigated for it. And sheeple should quite bowing down to such drivel.

It doesn't take an astrophysicist to get a magnet stuck in their nose. A child can do it ...

It doesn't take an astrophysicist to get a magnet stuck in their nose. A child can do it ...

Certainly. And one lapse, one cascade of mistakes as can happen to anyone (check most auto accidents), and suddenly you can invalidate the whole of that person's work?

I wish you applied the same protocol to djt...

The guy is a millenial ...what do you expect?.....Some of the biggest dummies I ever met were ultra qualified .....this guy is an 'astrophysicist',nobody cares if what he does is right or wrong,or can even decide.

Certainly. And one lapse, one cascade of mistakes as can happen to anyone (check most auto accidents), and suddenly you can invalidate the whole of that person's work?

I wish you applied the same protocol to djt...

Oh, Don't get me wrong. I've got my share of dumb stuff behind me. It's just that I would never tell you about where I went to school, or what I studied in order to be "qualified" to do the dumb stuff. I did them all on my own thank you.

And to add

When is the last time you read the crash report stating that "A Scientist" crashed his automobile and was severely injured while trying to find the solution to a left hand turn? It was just not his area of expertise ....

Back