What's new
What's new

OT- Bad Craigslist Paint Job

https://houston.craigslist.org/tls/5072411628.html

Maybe some of you can top that, but that's the worst one I've seen.....:skep::eek:
OMG, what a moron. Only thing I've seen to top that was a fairly late (at the time) Bridgeport CNC mill a dealer in Charlotte, NC ended up with somehow, where some cretin painted over the membrane keys of the control ! That one was mind boggling...

And then there was the surface grinder where someone used cardboard on the rear of the column where sheet metal normally would be bolted and painted the cardboard so it wasn't so obvious it was cardboard.

Hits:
1) All components are color-matched.
2) Epitome of 'rust protection.
3) No table covers needed, just wax occasionally.

Misses:
1) No visible proof that ways were covered evenly (a few more pics might help)
2) Dip process adds to shipping weight
3) Is 'Long drive' a feature or a location? (I wouldn't drive 'long' to look it over.)

I worked at a shop the hired painters to come in and paint machines. The paint crew took off the magnetic chucks to paint surface grinders and left the chucks on the bench.

As bad as it gets? True story. go figure.
Likely the paint crew was told to not paint the chucks.
Bet you know what we were doing Monday.

Wow that's as bad as it gets. Looks like he missed a bit on the knee elevating screw. I re assembled a Plano Mill where the painters had sprayed the vertical ways on the back of the cross rail. These people were supposed to be professional machine tool painters. I could name them but I'll spare them the embarrassment.

Regards Tyrone.

Bin' to 2 county Fairs and a goat ropen" but ain't never seen anythang like that!

I worked at a shop the hired painters to come in and paint machines. The paint crew took off the magnetic chucks to paint surface grinders and left the chucks on the bench.

As bad as it gets? True story. go figure.
Likely the paint crew was told to not paint the chucks.
Bet you know what we were doing Monday.

Too bad they didn't paint the wheel???:drink:

C'mon, guys, it's just a molded showroom promotional version. Ya' see 'em everytime you go shopping for milling machine accessories and furniture at Ikea.

I wondered what happened to some of our ex painters,apparently they found work.You know the ones that fill every allen screw with paint,double coat all motor labels and triple coat all sight glasses.I think they even get some satisfaction by painting shafts that have sliding elements on them.

Back