What's new
What's new

OT, Banco easy cut M42 Bi-Metal bandsaw blades, any good?

Shaybuilder

Cast Iron
I generally buy my bandsaw blades from McMaster-Carr but see the Banco Easy-Cut M42 Bi-Metal bandsaw blades from Travers tool. Does anyone have any experience with these, are they any good? They claim you don't have to change blades for different materials.

I don't know that brand, but I use Lenox Diemaster 2 (vari pitch) which are M42 and I love em to bits, and don't change them for different materials.

BUT if I've a lot of brass / bronze to saw I follow the old rule of using a new blade for that and ''downgrading'' it to steel as necessary

I also keep a ''new'' blade especially for plastics, as like with brass & bronze, steel does take that extra sharp edge off.

Others I recommended them to have also raved over them.

Ref https://www.lenoxtools.com/pages/diemaster-2-bi-metal-band-saw-blades.aspx

Bahco or Banco?

Im assuming Banco is a typo.
Bahco-Sandvik should be decent even if it is not best of the best.

I generally buy my bandsaw blades from McMaster-Carr but see the Banco Easy-Cut M42 Bi-Metal bandsaw blades from Travers tool. Does anyone have any experience with these, are they any good? They claim you don't have to change blades for different materials.

I looked at them on the website. Makes no sense. TPI is listed as 'universal'. So if I buy the 1/2" wide blade for my vertical saw, I can cut 20 gage sheet metal with it, and it'll also be efficient at cutting 1" A36 plate? Um.....I'm not buying it.

I ended up buying blades from McMaster-Carr, have always had good luck with the blades they sell. The reason I was asking about the Bahco blades was their lack of telling me how many TPI they had. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them, good or bad.

Back