What's new
What's new

OT: Battleship New Jersey Machine Shop

This was discussed in the Antique Machinery section.
Somewhat disappointing. Curator knows little, reading off a script, penned by someone who was a little better informed, but it glossed over most every machine, skipping some entirely.

But he did point out the chink band saw and drillpress.

This was discussed in the Antique Machinery section.
Somewhat disappointing. Curator knows little, reading off a script, penned by someone who was a little better informed, but it glossed over most every machine, skipping some entirely.

But he did point out the chink band saw and drillpress.

Check the link...think you find it might be a new episode. Tour is by a machinists mate who was on the ship.

Cool stuff. I remember sleeping aboard the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi a few times with my Boy Scout Troup. I was always impressed how even though everything is tight quarters... everything had a place and JUST as much room as needed.

I wish there was at least one AR- series USS Repair Ship still floating.:( I always thought it cool that the AR-1 was aptly named "Medusa."

China was an US ally when the biggest battleships were made. Taiwan was a semi independent japanesse colony since 1895. Why are you surprised to see machine shop tools made by allies?
Bil lD

Back