What's new
What's new

OT: The best blender Wolf Gourmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just can't get on board with this.

If it really is 2.4 peak HP, I wonder how many 120v breakers will be happy with that. In fact, that's why they are at 2.4HP and not 2.5HP.....

But really....another device with a computer chip is all I see. Great until it breaks, then toss that $650 gizmo in the garbage.

I bought a vitamix, I can’t say anything bad other than the lid of the stainless jug is a bugger to clean, lots of sticky out bits.
It’s quiet, powerful, high duty cycle, it will run for hours
Mark

suggestion re OTs

I would like to suggest that we consider narrowing the scope of OTs. I propose the criterion that there should be some relationship to the work we do that brings us to PM. At one time, this was taken for granted. It's OK if an OT appears to be a bit of a stretch, such as a post about shoes, if it was prompted by sore feet in the shop. Does not have to be a very precise rule, just a stated guideline. I think we all know what is intended here: shop related content, you know, something. Examples of clutter I'd prefer to not see on the largest manufacturing technology community on the web are cooking/kitchen decor/recipes/the best brand of juice blender.

-Marty-

Only gourmets please .... :drink:

Ask and ye shall receive.

All that shite is for lazy fools!

WE, Pilgrim?

Use KNIVES! Good ones [1]. The very best, even [2].

Faster.

Better.

Easier.

Cleaner.

Take less space.

Sharpened "by hand" as well.

Never by "electric fadgets".

:(

Powered, anywhere we travel.. by the expert hands of a wise and skilled Gourmet / Gourmand (huh? Does that make me "bi"?)

....with a keen appetite for FINE FOODS!

Electricity? "Optional" Kinda nice to have good "task lighting.."

JFDWT ......or go hungry..

I'm impartial, BTW...

:D

[1] Great Value-for-money? Sabatier, France - Triple Rivet Edgekeeper 8-Inch

[2] Presents to yourself in yer old-age? Japan.

I would like to suggest that we consider narrowing the scope of OTs. I propose the criterion that there should be some relationship to the work we do that brings us to PM. At one time, this was taken for granted. It's OK if an OT appears to be a bit of a stretch, such as a post about shoes, if it was prompted by sore feet in the shop. Does not have to be a very precise rule, just a stated guideline. I think we all know what is intended here: shop related content, you know, something. Examples of clutter I'd prefer to not see on the largest manufacturing technology community on the web are cooking/kitchen decor/recipes/the best brand of juice blender.

-Marty-

b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg

I like hearing the input and opinions of fellow tradesmen on all sorts of things. As I also enjoy cooking and using high quality kitchen appliances, this is right up my alley.

That said, this post does not follow the OT post guidelines because it's not asking a question, so it'll probably get locked.

All of this could be solved very simply by starting a new sub-forum
called the "Off topic rumpus room".

All the junk get's moved to there, max. archives of 5 pages, at which point they
slide off the forum.

coincindetally whife asked me today to "fix" the blades on a mixer/blender. question: how do you sharpen them, to what angle, single bevel?

coincindetally whife asked me today to "fix" the blades on a mixer/blender. question: how do you sharpen them, to what angle, single bevel?

Simply load some 2b limestone into said blender, and set for "Purée".

See what happens when you pound on a bee's nest.

I would use ceramic sharpening sticks at the original angle. Getting the blades out on the mentioned unit looks easy. An acorn nut on the inside and a Allen head bolt on the inside.

That said, this post does not follow the OT post guidelines because it's not asking a question, so it'll probably get locked.
Yes... OT titles should be about solving a problem, not general chit chat. And yes many threads end up with lots of chit chat but don't specifically start a thread with that goal in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back