What's new
What's new

OT - Broken boot laces

TTLLOGIC

Plastic
Geez, seems I've broken a boot lace at a customer site. Nothing some zip ties can't fix temporarily I guess. Who makes a good 72 inch boot lace these days?

Where I'm at now they have all the standard sizes of laces in the vending machines we swipe to get our PPE and similar supplies from. Why, I do not know. Usually, by the time I need lacers the boots are shot anyhow. I don't weld, however. I know guys that weld tend to go through laces.

Geez, seems I've broken a boot lace at a customer site. Nothing some zip ties can't fix temporarily I guess. Who makes a good 72 inch boot lace these days?

Laces Boot Style :: KIWI care products

g_boot-detail.jpg

I've used a few on my Red Wings and they look great, and have a little stretch to keep tension while tied. A pair of Filson boots I have came with the stiffest laces I've ever encountered. So much so I wouldn't seek them out.

You can also go with the rawhide laces:

Laces Leather Rawhide :: KIWI care products

Edit: on a Google search these came up, and they look pretty promising, as well as having a 40% sale for... about nine more minutes.

Rhino Laces

Red Wing, I've been wearing those boots for years and have not had to replaced a lace ever. I don't know if they sell them but imagine they do, might check for snags and sharp spots in the eyes as suggested?
Dan

I generally just weld them back together. No, really! If they're some sort of plastic, just hold a match to the ends and let them burn for a bit. Blow 'em out and stick the gooey ends together. Spit on your fingers and roll them round. Presto! Now you've got time to go shopping without tripping.

Google ZUBITS, there awsome, you still need laces, but man there better than velcro, swarft does tend to stick to em though :-( But i will never own a pair of boots with out them again!!

Best is to make them. Buy a complete bull hide. Fold it a couple times and if you're skillfull, you can saw them out on your still-banned hack saw? Or, if you prefer, banned saw.

6' of shoe lace?
Just how big is your fucking feet anyway? Jesus...

12 4E , I wear US made Danner Quarry 8" boots. Great boots but laces just don't last.

I did try deburing and smoothing the eyelets but they still eat up laces. I guess it takes more than some thread to keep me contained.

Cute...Does poking a sleeping bear work well for you often?
I've had a few that thought so and you seem to be bent on this track.... in general it's not a great idea.
Bob

By asking about boot laces?

Best is to make them. Buy a complete bull hide. Fold it a couple times and if you're skillfull, you can saw them out on your still-banned hack saw? Or, if you prefer, banned saw.

Shhhh you said the unspeakable! You're going to get us into trouble.

Back