What's new
What's new

OT,,,but maybe not,,,Machinist Tattoo's

I would imagine that no less than %25 of the people on this forum have tatoos

But thanks for the useless answers so far,,,

As my mother used to say - if all your friends stuck their heads in a lit oven, does that make it a good idea?

Turn it around - even at your estimate, 75% of participants here *don't* have tattoos, don't plan on it and look at least slightly askance at those who do.

But knock yourself out - a B/port tattooed on your face would get some attention......

PDW

Unsolicited responses,,,,great,,,go to CNN

a quote that comes to mind "if you don't have anything to add too the answer of the question,,,stfu"

Maybe I can step in Weldons shoes and troll ya too

I got thick skin and big balls,,but I don't interject my dumb ass comments when yur feet hurt,,what should I do,,,I have a drinking problem "quit drinking,duh"Twin beds or a king ?

People here need to get with the times.

When I have worked in a shop where someone had a gender change you need to get your head outta your a$$ about what society may think. Saw a mechanic at a high end automotive brand repair shop with a full sleeve.

I have a tasteful custom tattoo on my shoulder. Can't see it with even a t-shirt. It is not machinist related however.

jsyk,,,I am 58 and got my 1st and only tattoo at 57,,why???because there was never a shit fuk thing in life that mattered to me that much
Now,,things in life are starting to matter,,,finally

Make it machinist related so this thread is not locked. Maybe use a Biax with a needle attachment and do it yourself. EDM jumps to mind as well. I hear branding is popular to some.
I would suggest high spot blue or dyekem for color. Maybe high sulpher cutting oil for darker tones. Or even something like dye penetrate so it glows under blacklight.
Bill D

Why not turn it into a forum and machinist tattoo and get the IAM logo put on your body, I always did think it was as nice as any?
When the thread started about the gear company that shut down and fired all its employees, as much time dedicated by the talking heads around here to union bashing it would have to be machinist related.
Dan

jsyk,,,I am 58 and got my 1st and only tattoo at 57,,why???because there was never a shit fuk thing in life that mattered to me that much

I had planned for quite a while to get my first to celebrate reaching my 50th birthday. When that actually happened(the birthday) I was so taken by surprise I found I hadn't decided on what to get, and sort of lost interest, and decided to do it on my 60th. That came and went also, while I was busy, And I'm now pondering what to have done for the next milestone and which one to celebrate. I just haven't seen something that I don't think I'd eventually get tired of, (other than a few that look like too much work and time and money) and I don't want to conform to the non-conformist image.. If I do, I want it right around my wrist so it can't be hidden up a sleeve. A friend of mine had a rubik's cube around his wrist, It's not machine related but I've been leaning toward that in his honor.

I got a few "machinist" tattoos, OK maybe scars, 6's and 9's chips on my right hand from turning up to a shoulder and couldn't stop. you all know the kind.:drool5:

Be honest - if no one was getting tattoos would you have gotten one?
I see most with tattoos now as Followers.

Why not get your earlobes plugged or do the nose septum. you can make the increasing size tapered plugs and do some machining.
Getting your tongue split might be a good idea for some people here who already speak with a forked tongue.
I used to have a photo of Timken earrings made of miniature ss ballbearings with no seals or shields so you could see the insides.
Bill D

Get something like this and you can hang the chuck key off your nose so it does not get lost.

Nose rings and the new symphony conductor – Bach & Lemon Shakeups

Why not get your earlobes plugged or do the nose septum. you can make the increasing size tapered plugs and do some machining.
Getting your tongue split might be a good idea for some people here who already speak with a forked tongue.
I used to have a photo of Timken earrings made of miniature ss ballbearings with no seals or shields so you could see the insides.
Bill D

Get something like this and you can hang the chuck key off your nose so it does not get lost.

Nose rings and the new symphony conductor – Bach & Lemon Shakeups

Same reason why you don't just fuck donkeys,,,maybe I can can help you with some stupid answer that ain't answer to the question I asked,,but I feel so soo compelled I must respond,,,gotcha Bill

I am confused, are you saying men with tattoos are homosexual or just the ones with piercings, or both.
Are you homosexual? if so that makes you more of an expert then me on such matters. If not, I guess we are both just guessing here.
Bill D

Back