What's new
What's new

(OT,but not really)Davinci Radical Prostatectomy

jrmach

Titanium
So 9 days ago I had this procedure done to remove Cancer.I am healing great and the Surgeon says everything looks like everything went great.
A little Humble Pie,"I am a Machinist,I have a CNC Mill"
Fuck,do you realize the brains and expertise these Surgeons possess ?
My hat is off to them

Good luck with future testing, I hope you get clear and clean results. Cancer sucks, but we have more tools to stop/slow it than ever before.

And yes, good doctors are amazing, and we're very lucky to have such smart and dedicated people in the field.

The doctors are certainly good but they have wicked-good technology at their fingertips. A lot of which was developed and built by engineers and machinists.

Been there done that about 9 years ago now. If you need to have this surgery be bold and ask the surgeon how many he has done. 400 or more and he is as good as he will ever get. My doctor had done 25, nope not going to be #26! Dr. Lee at Penn Medicine in Philadelphia. 3000 thousand before me and teaches it too. Results were very good, yes my dick still works!

One other little piece of advice. You wear a catheter for a week after the surgery, and after the drop dead gorgeous nurse yanked that sucker out they make you drink a lot of water and take your first pee before leaving the office. WARNING! that dribbler you been living with is now a fire hose! Take aim before you let loose or you'll be cleaning the wall!

Been there done that about 9 years ago now. If you need to have this surgery be bold and ask the surgeon how many he has done. 400 or more and he is as good as he will ever get. My doctor had done 25, nope not going to be #26! Dr. Lee at Penn Medicine in Philadelphia. 3000 thousand before me and teaches it too. Results were very good, yes my dick still works!

One other little piece of advice. You wear a catheter for a week after the surgery, and after the drop dead gorgeous nurse yanked that sucker out they make you drink a lot of water and take your first pee before leaving the office. WARNING! that dribbler you been living with is now a fire hose! Take aim before you let loose or you'll be cleaning the wall!

Glad to hear 9 years and counting,,way better than the alternative.So far everything is great.The machine he used was a 3 1/2 million dollar machine all said and done.Laser to 20 millionths of an inch or better.Spares nerves for better recovery.I agree,don't find a 1st or 2nd year experience on this gizmo,,I feel I chosen wisely

I underwent the same procedure 8 years ago. I had the two complications that are probable...a pinched nerve in my right thigh muscle and an irritated cornea from an eyelash caught when they taped my eyelids shut. Interesting only because they invert the patient to allow gravity to get other organs out of the way. They have to restrain you hence the strapped thighs and your eyes won’t stay shut...
Expensive vasectomy though.
Joe

Good luck and good health JR...

OT. Intutive surgical (ISRG) maker of the Divinci is still a good stock at about $550. They have a new robot machine that entes the lungs..It is just getting off the ground and in my opnion maight double sales.

I've had my share of catheters and never had anyone make me pee before I left the office. I think the idea is 'let things adjust back to normal first'. Of course, it might be related to them having had to special order an unusually long and large catheter.

You are correct in regard to the great surgeons in the world. Some 20 years ago now, I had an operation to alleviate incredible pain in my head - trigeminal neuralgia, The operation took more than 8 hours and besides the surgeon, there were something like 10 other people assisting in the operating room. The results were perfect - no more pain and no more medication. I had a brilliant surgeon!

I wish you the best in your recovery!

I've had my share of catheters and never had anyone make me pee before I left the office. I think the idea is 'let things adjust back to normal first'. Of course, it might be related to them having had to special order an unusually long and large catheter.

Your urine passes through the center of your prostate. So when they remove it they have to reattach the urethra back to your bladder and scar tissue can potentially block it. They pressure test the repair while they are still inside to make sure the stitching is good all the way around.

The Davinci machine was originally designed for heart surgery without opening the rib cage because it can reach between them. The stent procedure got so good though that the much higher cost of surgery couldn't compete. Prostate surgery was really difficult because the surgeon couldn't see very well, because his own hands were in the way! You get five tiny incisions with the Davinci, one for each tool, one for the camera, one to inflate you a tool port and one to remove the organ through. Kidney surgery is another big use.

I was going to buy it at 180 but waited until it was 480 then it went to 700 now 550. Good stock. I bought some alibaba also at the same time. I think they will both take off once the pandemic. Calms down.

When I got my first stent,like a dummy I didn't take a leak first.At that time they didn't put me out. Couldn't feel anything but was alert and could see the screen if it was turned a little.Halfway through I had to go real bad,Doc asked if I had to so they put a catheter in,damn near over flowed the jug.

When it came time to go home they still had the tube in.The nurse that was checking me out said she would be right back to pull it out.
I was thinking "big deal I'll just pull it out myself".A little tug ,nothing.Must be the way I'm sitting.Pulled a little harder.Bout that time the nurse came in and asked what are you doing?Figgered I'd save you the trouble and pull it myself.She said"The last guy that tried that I could hear him screaming from down the hall"Don't know if she was bs'n or not.
Did not know it had an air bag or something anchoring it in place.

"The last guy that tried that I could hear him screaming from down the hall"Don't know if she was bs'n or not.
Did not know it had an air bag or something anchoring it in place.

On the newer ones, maybe.

"Back in the day", Old Skewl medicos wud just trap 'em with a noose of hospital-grade baling wire looped through the upper wall of yer rectal post-age.

:(

Catheters have an inflatable bulb that goes in the bladder...it's filled with saline solution and prevents it from coming out. The last thing you would want to do is pull it out.....the old idea of pulling a 3/4" object through a 1/4" tube....saline solution is a liquid and liquids are non-compressible, by and large.

That said....some years ago an elderly family member of mine was in the hospital, catheter and all, and he decided to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The catheter was well-tethered to the bed and he did self-remove it as he strolled to the can....even now I get queasy thinking about that.

Back