What's new
What's new

OT - can we get a seller feedback system here on PM?

ripperj

Stainless
Title says it all
It’s been mentioned before in the form of a “banned seller list”

I have had two issues here with sellers not shipping items I paid for , I have gotten items that were not as described from others.

I do know that’s it’s not an easy thing, I’m on other forum that buys and sells telescopes and high end optics. I have moved many 10s of thousands of dollars there, and the only hiccups have been lately , hosers and posers have gotten thru the defenses there. I got screwed for $4500, PayPal refunded my dollars quickly.

I’m sure a lot of folks here are on the payroll of companies with deep pockets and their first thought is “stop trying to cheap out and spend the $ for new”- sounds great, but have you priced tooling and machines lately? It’s pretty hard to get started (or even keep going ) without lots of cash
in the bank.

There are two sides to every story and not everyone has the same idea of what words like “good, excellent, mint” mean, so there will always be the chance of disagreement, but honest people with take the item back minus shipping if there was undisclosed issues.

I’ll offer to help moderate, babysit whatever,

Worth trying? Should I just take my pocket change elsewhere?

Lots of good people selling nice stuff here on PM .
I got a huge box a month back from a member here and I felt like I won the lottery , it was seriously that good.

I hate to have to give up because of a couple bad apples( one of the apples I’m referring to is I suspect is a good guy that’s in financial distress)-but we are adults here and should not be screwing other members because we screwed ourself

Thoughts?

Edit- I thought I wrote this- one of the times that I got hosed was eventually resolved (took like a month to get my money back)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My personal view is that we don't need a new "system" or more forums and moderators. The informal "system" we have going - post when you want to call particular attn to a good seller or a bad one, or to ask about experiences with a particular seller - works fine for me.

-Marty-

If you want buyer protection, always, Always, ALWAYS use a CREDIT card for the purchase. Not a debit card, a CREDIT card.

And if you use PayPal, fund the purchase with a CREDIT card. That option is always present if you look for it.

The credit card companies (banks) must listen to your complaints. And if there is fraud, they will refund your money.

PayPal always wants you to fund your purchases with your bank account. That puts them (PayPal) in control of the fraud and refund process. I have seen many complaints about them in these disputes. But if you funded the purchase with a CREDIT card, you can then go to the issuing bank and win your case there. They will take the money back from PayPal even if PayPal says no.

Credit cards are your friend, your best protection, for any purchases. And especially for on-line ones.

Oh, and as a bonus, you usually earn points which can be redeemed for cash when you buy with them. I get over $500 back every year that way. Win, Win, WIN!

Back