What's new
What's new

OT:Can't play Youtube vids

david n

Diamond
Win XP. Latest Java and Adobe Flash players. On my user account Youtube won't play a vid, just black screen. My wife's user account, youtube works fine. I created a new user account and YT works fine. What gives? Any pointers?

Up until yesterday, I was unable to watch videos full screen. They would play in the small screen just fine but if I tried to enlarge them, I got the white screen with audio but no picture. To fix it, I right clicked on the small screen field and got a message showing video accelerator - on or off. I turned it off and bingo, I can now watch large screen. I don't know if that will fix your problem but sure is easy enough to try.

Your issue seems to be an issue with Flash. if clearing the Temporary files and Cache does not help, My advice would be to uninstall flash completely, then reinstall it from Adobe.

Depending on your browser (Internet Explorer / Firefox / Other), that too may need a reinstall (Not applicable for IE since its integrated with Windows)

Its rather bizarre that its only on your profile that the problem exists

Mine did that last night and when I re-started my computer it was fixed.

(Not saying that this will fix your problem. Maybe mine needed to install updates that I wasn't aware of.)

First time ever to have problems with Youtube.

JAckal:cheers:

David,

I just tried youtube on my account. Black screen here as well. It was working last night. Opened and worked on my sons account ok. I just deleted the temp files (history, cache, cookies etc..) per GordoB and that fixed it. Youtube gets wonky for me once in a while using IE. Sometimes an IE "reset to default settings" fixes it.

I have the same issue as many currently: YouTube subscription video uploads have no email notifications and ads dominate the channels to the point playlists cannot be seen. This has been going on for over a month.

It seems Google has been hacked and they aren't talking about it - silence is a good indication of that reality. :skep: :toetap:

David,

I just tried youtube on my account. Black screen here as well. It was working last night. Opened and worked on my sons account ok. I just deleted the temp files (history, cache, cookies etc..) per GordoB and that fixed it. Youtube gets wonky for me once in a while using IE. Sometimes an IE "reset to default settings" fixes it.

That was the ticket! I cleared my browser history/cookies and YT was streaming again.

Back