What's new
What's new

OT-- Close "Manufacturing in America and Europe" forum?

Close "Mfg. in America and Europe" forum?

• Close and/or delete it.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Keep it. I love politics.

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipSplitter

Titanium
If this thread/poll gets locked, so be it. I won't be offended.;)

IMO, that forum is a mudfest and isn't really on topic anyway.

Close it? Use digger doug's revolving 3 pages idea? Delete the whole thing?

What'ya think...??

Close it?

Good God no! All the mushroom food would end up on the other subforums.

"Should I invest in the optional software module for my machining center? Is it worth the extra money?"

"Don't bother. Trump will only turn it over to the Russians when he's not busy grabbing pussy and injecting bleach."

I would leave it open, but make some heavy changes.

Posts in there don't count.
They don't show up on the PM home page.
Everybody who posts there gets a free helmet for their bus ride.

Basically Double Secret Probation.

I would leave it open, but make some heavy changes.

Posts in there don't count.
They don't show up on the PM home page.
Everybody who posts there gets a free helmet for their bus ride.

Basically Double Secret Probation.

And you need a special password to even view the posts there. That way I'm not tempted to look at it but the mudslingers can have their party.

IOW, the fight happens in a closed room instead of in the street for all to see.

I like that! :popcorn:

. . .. That way I'm not tempted to look at it but the mudslingers can have their party.

IOW, the fight happens in a closed room instead of in the street for all to see.

I like that! :popcorn:

You do realize that you, personally, have to click and read a post there in order to get offended that someone, somewhere in the world, has a different opinion than yourself? It's already a "closed room."

More to the point, topics of trade, supply chains, manufacturing growth, relevant regulations, and the like are a factor in manufacturing jobs, growth, and profits. Stay blind to that and you just might miss that while the US is by far the world's leader in GDP (including finance), we're #3 in manufacturing.

Not having even seen the other forum, but remembering the Covid-19 forum, I have to acknowledge the wisdom of the moderators in keeping that sucker open. It reminds me of George Harrison's assessment of the Spice Girl. IIRC, he said something like "The nice thing about the Spice Girls is that you can listen to them with the sound off".

A whole forum where people go to shout at other people, with none of the other people listening? That HAS to keep some of the chaff out of actual, productive discussions.

It amuses me that some people think the opinions of the membership here have any effect at all on the owner. 'Voting' to close a forum? This isn't a democracy.

It amuses me that some people think the opinions of the membership here have any effect at all on the owner. 'Voting' to close a forum? This isn't a democracy.

Don't get me wrong, I realize this is Don's ballpark.

But there is such a thing as feedback. If he doesn't want to do it, big deal!

I just think this site would be better without it and I was curious what others think.

...topics of trade, supply chains, manufacturing growth, relevant regulations, and the like are a factor in manufacturing jobs, growth, and profits. Stay blind to that and you just might miss that while the US is by far the world's leader in GDP (including finance), we're #3 in manufacturing.

That'd be really good advice, were ANY of those topics ever actually discussed in that subforum, but it's never been anything but an open-season flamewar where people get to insult the United States. Much like the Human Rights Council of the UN, come to think of it. Up 'til now it's been a good safety valve for the morons, but lately it seems to be crossing over into the Shop Owners subforum.

You do realize that you, personally, have to click and read a post there in order to get offended ....

Many special snowflakes are easily offended. Options:

1) install a fainting couch in that sub-forum -equipped with smelling salt dispenser.
2) encourage folks who think it's too hot, to depart the kitchen.

Just ban shit. :D

That was funny though, Limy........

How's that working for ya ?

Seeing how moderation is very lacking, let's keep it in one pile.

Plus, look at all the lefties that have come unglued, thereby outing themselves
as the un-stable minions that they truly are. Soft brained et all.

How's that working for ya ?

Seeing how moderation is very lacking, let's keep it in one pile.

Plus, look at all the lefties that have come unglued, thereby outing themselves
as the un-stable minions that they truly are. Soft brained et all.

I figured you would be mod.....

And pass out 5 day bans like Bobcad phone calls. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back