What's new
What's new

OT- Converting Indian currency to USD ?

Doesn't seem right as the average salary is 32000inr per month, no way that lathe is 5% of a months salary! Maybe a typo, or different currency, maybe I got it mixed up...

On a side note, in Bandung, Indonesia, the Hilton hotel rooms were 1 million or so rupia per night :eek: (but that is less than $70US and includes a 2 hour happy hour with free drinks {if you stay more than 2 weeks} and morning breakfast buffet)

I tried getting current price, but it wanted a phone number, and apparently there is software to detect :icon_bs:numbers :o :leaving:

All the currency calculators I have found convert those numbers to very low prices. I bet they are opening auction prices or something similar.

All the currency calculators I have found convert those numbers to very low prices. I bet they are opening auction prices or something similar.

Plus, not only do the actual exchange rates vary, the fee's vary as well by bank/currency exchange outlets.

On a side note, I still have roughly 300k rupia from my last trip. Not worthy he hassle of driving into downtown Tampa to get 20-25$.

dollar to rupee - Google Search

Only my opinion (which I know wasn't sought) but ;-

On Edit .......looked at the vid for the Colchester - bit rough isn't it?

The Stankos had some real hard - IME the 70's machines could take it but ?????

As for the Columbo - a painted and tarted up boat anchor.

To add to the confusion, India doesn't customarily use K, M, and B, but lakh and crore meaning 100 thousand and ten million respectively. Just makes it harder to move that decimal point around or maybe that's the point.

Would India use American or British Million and Billion? So maybe lakh and core eliminate that confusion. India did invent the concept of zero in math. So they must know something about numbers and money even if the numerals used worldwide are Arabic not Roman.
Bill D

I was going to add what TGTool posted above. The "conventional" large sum breaks for India are not thousand and million of rupees, but lakh and crore of rupees. A friend tells me that lakh is sometimes assumed if nothing is stated, but this is not universal.

I was going to add what TGTool posted above. The "conventional" large sum breaks for India are not thousand and million of rupees, but lakh and crore of rupees. A friend tells me that lakh is sometimes assumed if nothing is stated, but this is not universal.

Lakh is close enough to "universal" it is probably what Milacron is seeing for website prices.

Plus, not only do the actual exchange rates vary, the fee's vary as well by bank/currency exchange outlets.

On a side note, I still have roughly 300k rupia from my last trip. Not worthy he hassle of driving into downtown Tampa to get 20-25$.

Great gift over the holidays for kids, they love that stuff.

Is this something you're thinking of buying, hence the interest? For some reason I thought you were retired, out of the machinery game and enjoying life with your brand new mate. There are rumors that you are no longer the 'managing' element of this site..is that true? Whatever it is, I hope you're enjoying yourself, being Covid free and staying safe.

Stuart

Everything is overpricedx2,you make an offer on it,then haggle for half an hour,finally make an offer in US $....often paid into an offshore account.For a country with low wage rates ,they also want an excessive amount for freight.

There's also been a long tradition of tax avoidance in India so the actual price negotiated might depend on whether you're offering black or white money of some of each.

You are converting dollar to Indian rupees which would approximately 9500$ I think better to search. btw is this a welding machine?

Back