Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Motion guru right after the first wave you mentioned just finishing a toilet paper machine that was producing scads of TP. Any chance there are more being ordered? Just went to the store last night and the second run on TP has begun. Not a single paper towel in sight for 2 weeks!

Actually - most projects related to TP that we had on order have been deferred - they do not want to take the downtime to install our upgrades / safety systems. We are presently running at about 60% of our normal volume and had layoffs earlier this month and are now hunkering down in survival mode.

The best industry for us right now with well above average sales is in the Glass Container industry - people are drinking more beer, wine, and spirits and the glass projects we are undertaking are upgrades to machines that allow them to change over products faster with greater flexibility and efficiency in production.

I have been writing proposals for lots of work that we typically would have walked away from in the past just so we can get some work in to keep folks busy. At present we are facing a cliff with project work soon . . . we just don't know if we will plunge off the edge into oblivion and that will be the end OR if we will get more orders than we can handle and need to start hiring a bunch of people.

We had one project go particularly badly over the last two years - 7 figure loss - we are not in a good spot to be dealing with a slow sales cycle but we will do whatever we need to do to keep the team together and get on the other side of this downturn.

2. Likes Milland, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    I found it Jim. You owe me one hundred dollars. I am holding it hostage for the highest bidder yet They are the usual bunch from around here so their money is funny anyway. I don’t know where it has been.
    Well it's not that one. The quote you gave is me, saying banning guns is wrong. Figured it out yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Well it's not that one. The quote you gave is me, saying banning guns is wrong. Figured it out yet?
    I read it the way Scott interpreted it until I read your response to him.

Now, since I can infer things based on your replies, it's quite clear what you meant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Texas almost broke the 6000 mark on 6/25 with 5996 new cases, they expand the graph on that day, today they broke another record with 6975 new cases. Anyone want to place bets on how long before they break the 8000 mark?

Ran a few errands in podunk Nv yesterday, hardly anyone wearing a mask. Am I the only one starting to wish this thing was a bit more lethal

6. Likes 72bwhite, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post

Ran a few errands in podunk Nv yesterday, hardly anyone wearing a mask. Am I the only one starting to wish this thing was a bit more lethal
    I went food shopping for the first time in months, the large supermarket was fairly empty (I purposely waited for near-closing before going), but I was about the only shopper wearing a mask, and perhaps half the employees. That second group's lack of covering really surprised me, I'd have thought it would be mandated...

8. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by motion guru View Post
    We need more Calvinists on this forum!
    Well, I just might be able to help you there Motion, seeing as my ancestors of around 300 years ago were probably (they didn't keep records at the time - the Catholics preferred masacres) Huguenot refugees from northern France (now known as Belgium) and as the Huguenots are basically Calvinist Protestants - etc etc

So am I accepted by birth right or do I have to apply ?
    Last edited by Limy Sami; 07-01-2020 at 03:27 AM. Reason: pyto

10. Likes motion guru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    . . . Huguenot refugees from northern France (now known as Belgium) and as the Huguenots are basically Calvinist Protestants - etc etc

So am I accepted by birth right or do I have to apply ?
    Calvinist? Hoping for you to run into plenty of business, Motion Guru.

(Not sure if Calvin and Hobbes ever made it to the UK, Limy?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot-2020-06-30-17.00.23.jpg  

12. Likes Limy Sami, digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would not describe an immune system going into full-on "attack yourself" mode as being "the best" operating immune system. What you are describing is "the quickest operating and maximum response" immune system, the one that says "shoot them all and let St Peter sort them out".

The "best" response is the one that can provide the most effective targeted response neutralizing the virus or whatever the attacker is. Which is what the immune system is supposed to do.

You might be forgiven, under the circumstances (difficult times and all) for not having your
    irony detector in operation...

It's working fine..... that's the problem. What is the comment intended by that so-called irony? Yep, that there ain't irony, that there might be lead-ony, or maybe slag-ony.

There is a technical debating term for what he said, but I'm not into formal academic study of debating.

14. Likes ChipSplitter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by motion guru View Post
    We need more Calvinists on this forum!
    Puritanism is the haunting fear that somewhere, someone is happy

16. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Ran a few errands in podunk Nv yesterday, hardly anyone wearing a mask.
    Drove into nearby town and counted aprox 45 people this morning and 1 (one) had on a mask, on the way back I saw less people, maybe 25 and saw 1 family of 5 all wearing masks, nobody else.

Last week I was on a bridge job and one of the guys cut his arm open on the pan deck, 2" cut.
    We took him to the doctors and were planning to drop him and his truck there and go back to work. NOBODY in the entire staff at the doctor office had any masks, only 2 or 3 of the waiting people did. Doctors had him stitched up quick so we all went lunch where 20 of the 30 people waiting for food had masks on. We thought it funny the doctors and nurses had NO masks but lunchers had plenty of them. Do the doctors know something....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JST View Post
    I would not describe an immune system going into full-on "attack yourself" mode as being "the best" operating immune system. What you are describing is "the quickest operating and maximum response" immune system, the one that says "shoot them all and let St Peter sort them out".

The "best" response is the one that can provide the most effective targeted response neutralizing the virus or whatever the attacker is. Which is what the immune system is supposed to do.
    snip

There is a technical debating term for what he said, but I'm not into formal academic study of debating.
    My immune system is so screwy as to get me all up in hives over urushiol lacquer.

"After being absorbed by the skin it is recognized by the immune system's dendritic cells, otherwise called Langerhans cells. These cells then migrate to the lymph nodes, where they present the urushiol to T-lymphocytes and thus recruit them to the skin, and the T-lymphocytes cause pathology through the production of cytokines and cytotoxic damage to the skin.[17] This causes the painful rash, blisters, and itching. "

The oil it's self is quite harmless to flesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    We thought it funny the doctors and nurses had NO masks but lunchers had plenty of them. Do the doctors know something....
    Do ya think?!!!

20. Likes Sparky45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Do ya think?!!!
    This thought is the kind of insanity I was hoping wouldn't seep into my little thread.

Dr. Fauci doesn't know shit, all the folks that wear masks don't know shit, all the people that have died from this didn't know shit..but CalG does know shit. He has the secret answer the world is just dying to know.

Come on CalG..spill the beans, what do those doctors who don't wear masks know that the rest of us don't?

Dying-to-know-Stu

22. Likes JoeE., dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like to think for myself, but I find it useful to consider the returns of another person's legwork (finger work?)
    Good idea. So I saved myself some legwork ... mediabiasfactcheck.com

"Home » Real Climate Science
    Real Climate Science

Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.

Overall, we rate Real Climate Science a Quackery level pseudoscience website as well as a moderate conspiracy website based on promoting that the solutions for climate change lead to communism. We also rate them Low for factual reporting due to failed fact checks and a complete rejection of the consensus of science in regards to human influenced climate change.

Detailed Report

Factual Reporting: LOW
    World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180

History

Founded in 2015, Real Climate Science is a skeptical climate science blog created by Tony Heller (formerly known as Steven Goddard). According to their about page, Tony Heller is an electrical engineer who has also worked as a science teacher and geologist. The page further states “climate science doesn’t work, because it is done largely by dishonest, incompetent hacks who don’t follow or even understand any legitimate methodology.”

Funded by / Ownership

Real Climate Science is owned by Tony Heller and is funded through advertising and donations.

Analysis / Bias

In review, Real Climate Science is the personal blog of Tony Heller, whose mission is to debunk the consensus that climate change is strongly human influenced. Articles and headlines often feature highly emotional wording such as this Alarmists Using Children For Climate Fodder. This is a video story narrated by Tony Heller, that claims the solutions for climate change are the same as communism. Politically, Real Climate Science aligns with the right through support of President Trump’s environmental deregulation and human influenced climate change denial Obama’s Plan Vs Trump’s Plan. In general, Tony Heller and his Real Climate Science blog believes that climate change is The Biggest Fraud In History. This theory is at odds with the consensus of science.

The majority of information published on this blog is not derived from peer reviewed research, in fact Mr. Heller explains why peer reviewed studies in climate change are “worthless” Why Climate Science Peer Review Is Worthless. In general, Real Climate Science is opposed to Real Climate Science.

Real Climate Science/Tony Heller/Steven Goddard has failed a few fact checks by IFCN fact checkers:

“[T]he raw data, the actual thermometer data[…] shows that the US has been cooling for 80 to 90 years. But the graphs they release to the public show warming trend, and it’s all because they’ve altered the data.” – Inaccurate

“NASA scientists fudged the numbers to make 1998 the hottest year to overstate the extent of global warming.” – Pants on Fire

“[NASA] has been adjusting temperatures from the past[…] downward, while adjusting current-day temperatures upward, and those changes are responsible for most of the claimed global warming during that time.” – Inaccurate

Overall, we rate Real Climate Science a Quackery level pseudoscience website as well as a moderate conspiracy website based on promoting that the solutions for climate change lead to communism. We also rate them Low for factual reporting due to failed fact checks and a complete rejection of the consensus of science in regards to human influenced climate change. (D. Van Zandt 1/25/2020)"

Quack quack quack ......

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

CalG,

Being of weak mind, it's hard for me to follow your thoughts on the Covid-19 thing, but what it looks like you are saying is that it's all fake..it's a hoax.

If that's true, I'll have to ask who is behind this fakery and for what purpose..to sell masks?

Stuart

26. Likes JoeE., 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by atomarc View Post
    CalG,

Being of weak mind, it's hard for me to follow your thoughts on the Covid-19 thing, but what it looks like you are saying is that it's all fake..it's a hoax.

If that's true, I'll have to ask who is behind this fakery and for what purpose..to sell masks?

Stuart

Stuart

I am NOT saying it all a hoax. The virus is real, and it is a bad flu season. We have seen "bad flu seasons " in past years. Flu seasons that have taken the young ones over the aged. That is really sad. The weak are always taken preferentially. This one goes for the elders. History of a culture, lost.

What IS a fake, is that the mortality and RISK to common people going about their lives is far less than the combined usual risks we expose ourselves to every day. And the media hype that has erupted. Taking every opportunity to run up the hype and scare the sheeple. Someone brought up the States that are seeing a recent rise in cases. A partisan comment was made that those were "loser states", implying republican governmental leadership (the comment must have been made by someone supporting an alternative politic). Those States are also regions with conservative political rally's planned. There may be a connection. I don't care about rallys. Herds of people tend to annoy me.

OVERALL Global mortality is LESS than expected based on previous years. Some might say that is ONLY because we have "locked down" and so risked exposure to traffic and occupational accidents. But examples such as Sweden suggest otherwise. And Sweden is rose, but has it's thorns. I leave that to your own study. The Average age of mortality due to this CCP flu in Italy is 81 years. Just about the same as the longevity statistic. The same goes for the US of A. It may apply world wide, but there is no coverage of such reality. Only hyping the numbers. If the total mortality is at the same longevity as typical, and the absolute numbers are LESS than typical. How bad is it? Bad enough to screw the world economy in all available openings? Add wars ,locust, and unrest, and things might get bleak for a lot of people .
    And don't get me into the "testing" difficulties. Liars and statistics.... nuff said.
    Only bad people would do this.

Who is behind it?
    I can not say. WHO might be a start though. The incompetent bastards! No better than thistle down in a breeze.
    China? Politics, wishing to bring down as much as they can as they fall too? I'm not that much up on the details. Not my thing. But I can read.
    The New World Order? Well? Maybe. Chaos is the precursor to change. and CHANGE is the battle cry of every faction that ever existed. Hell, when I was a young buck, I wanted to CHANGE the system too. (but mostly I just wanted to get laid)

But I look at the timing of the recent events around the world. Something is pulling the chain. The "purpose" is always the same POWER/Control. I've never cared for that burden, but there are those that do. JFK didn't kill himself. The towers and bldg 7 didn't fall in their own footprint because of "structural failure" There are bad people doing bad things. I wish they would leave me alone.

I didn't get myself into this life, I'm not getting myself out. Why should I feel I need to control what happens between?

28. Likes Cole2534 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No I have to think it over it is too late and I have a brain with too many years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by atomarc View Post
    CalG,

Stuart
    I've never thought of you as one with a weak mind..

Here is a theme presented on the vast but shallow inter web.

Billionaires Are Getting Richer During The COVID-19 Pandemic While Most Americans Suffer

Selling masks? "Dreadfullimed" vaccine at $3k a pop... who knows? Follow the money is a frequent admonishment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

S . . .

Who is behind it?
    I can not say. WHO might be a start though. The incompetent bastards! No better than thistle down in a breeze.
    China? Politics, wishing to bring down as much as they can as they fall too? I'm not that much up on the details. Not my thing. But I can read.
    The New World Order? Well? Maybe. Chaos is the precursor to change. and CHANGE is the battle cry of every faction that ever existed. Hell, when I was a young buck, I wanted to CHANGE the system too. (but mostly I just wanted to get laid)

But I look at the timing of the recent events around the world. Something is pulling the chain. The "purpose" is always the same POWER/Control. I've never cared for that burden, but there are those that do. JFK didn't kill himself. The towers and bldg 7 didn't fall in their own footprint because of "structural failure" There are bad people doing bad things. I wish they would leave me alone. . .

Or, maybe it's just a novel coronavirus; more deadly than the annual flu.

32. Likes 72bwhite liked this post